Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been SS for a few months, long handlebars are the way forward for super crankin levarage. It does takes some tricks to get through the trees, but well worth it up those hills.

The 1FG rig came with EA50 26inch (660mm), want to upgrade to Easton carbon downhill bars, EC90 DH at 28 inches (700mm) wide.

Is this a good upgrade? What super length stiff bars do you guys use?

·
single track ****
628 Posts
race face

robertsonja said:
Been SS for a few months, long handlebars are the way forward for super crankin levarage. It does takes some tricks to get through the trees, but well worth it up those hills.

The 1FG rig came with EA50 26inch (660mm), want to upgrade to Easton carbon downhill bars, EC90 DH at 28 inches (700mm) wide.

Is this a good upgrade? What super length stiff bars do you guys use?
I really like the race face downhill bars. Nice and wide w/ comfy rise, and they've got great cust. service too.

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
wide bars

I'm sold on the Azonic's. 28" wide and not too much rise. They're great for climbing and I like the leverage they provide loading the front tire into a turn. Cheap too. Weight is reasonable as well. I'm curious though about the Jones H-bar. Anyone know how wide they are?

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
The Azonic's are awesome and a tad over 28" too... the best part about them is the sweep, so subtle, but SO noticable when you don't have it. Their only downside is their weight and their alu nature.
My 2nd fav that rides my gearie is the Easton carbon DH bars. Great for riding rigid or on my gearie. They are a true 28" and I miss the extra room that I have on the Azonics.

You should check out trials handlebars...most are at least 28" wide...I'm looking now at some that are 29".
See some here... http://www.webcyclery.com/home.php?cat=330

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.