Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Disgruntled Peccary
2,141 Posts
My 8 year old is getting a hotrock 24" 21speed.. she'll be happy, it's the pink and purple one she's coveted all year. I imagine my 9 year old (who wanted a skateboard for Christmas instead) will be getting something similar in Feb for her birthday.

·
Mmm... Tasty
700 Posts
Both the kids are getting bikes this year. My 2yo is getting one of these:
http://www.stridersports.com/strider-running-bike_pink.html

and my 4.5 year old is graduating from his Scott Jr. Voltage 12 to this Marin:
http://www.marinbikes.com/2010/bike_specs.php?serialnum=607

The strider will be left alone, but that marin is going to get pimped in not too long. I did want to get that intense race BMX that ghughes. linked, but the wife didn't like it for some reason... I would have preferred that one, but hopefully the Marin will be a great bike.

·
Registered
493 Posts
micro224 said:
i would have been SO stoked if i woke up xmas morning to that! good job on that one for sure.
Thanks micro, I think she will go nuts. A mountain bike is all she been asking for for months.

As far as she concerned it's a rigid SS 29er (or maybe more like 36er, she's 46" tall).

·
Rollin' a fatty
5,863 Posts
Both of my kids are getting paintball guns and gear, the only thing bike related will be new chainrings for my sons road bike.

·
808+909 = Party Good Time
2,072 Posts
DiRt DeViL said:
Both of my kids are getting paintball guns and gear, the only thing bike related will be new chainrings for my sons road bike.
My 2 year old daughter is set for bike gear so this year it's a literally brand new (built) bedroom full of easels, beanbags, and lots of new toys and a bed.

·
You know my steez...
903 Posts
Giant

My daughter will be 8 on the 28th, but she'll be rollin' this new Giant Areva 20 on Christmas day! I can't wait! :D

Attachments

·
You know my steez...
903 Posts
dysfunction said:
My 8 year old is getting a hotrock 24" 21speed.. she'll be happy, it's the pink and purple one she's coveted all year. I imagine my 9 year old (who wanted a skateboard for Christmas instead) will be getting something similar in Feb for her birthday.

That's a great bike. I'm getting the black one for my son on his birthday. He already got a Specialized Allez Jr. road bike recently so he has to wait.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Merry Christmas

My 6.5 yr old is getting a 2009 Kona Shred 2-0. The bike is awesome. Santa had a rough time getting one. Zoning issues! Finally had REI get one to Pittsburgh (2hr sleigh ride) But man is it worth it! My twin boys 4yr. old are getting Jamis 16 inch alloy bikes. These Im not as impressed with, but the colors were right. Would have jumped at a green and a red Specialized Hot Rock 16. These boys have it made, eh?
Merry Christmas
DaddyB

·
DILLIGAF
506 Posts
My 7 1/2 yo son is getting a Scott Spark RC JR 24. With a few upgrades I got the weight down to about 24 lbs even. Not bad for a FS. He is gonna rip on this. Merry Christmas!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts