Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Since you are a Specialized fan, use the Armadillo version of many of their tires. Eskar, Captain, Fast Trak all come with that armadillo version. You pay about 100 gr price, but it sounds like you're frustrated enough to pay a little:p

·
EDR
10,599 Posts
Kevlar tires just have a kevlar bead instead of wire. This means the bead is 'foldable', it doesn't protect the carcass.

The best way to never worry about thorns again is tubeless tires with sealant.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ziscwg said:
Since you are a Specialized fan, use the Armadillo version of many of their tires. Eskar, Captain, Fast Trak all come with that armadillo version. You pay about 100 gr price, but it sounds like you're frustrated enough to pay a little:p
I might have to spend $100 as the slime tube is a worthless piece of crap, gone through 4 of them. so I might just have to go the route you suggested.

·
Surly OG
977 Posts
Tubeless is your only solution for thorn proof riding. Watch the movie on the Stan's site, there's nothing that can match the performance of the Stans solution! other than a solid tire.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I had good luck with slime lite tubes and Geax Tires and Intense Tires. I once ran some Kenda Nevengal super sticky 2.35's and they would punture all day long. Stans is probably best if you have thorns but don't run the risk of a sidewall puncture from a sharp rock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.