Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
customized
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what some of you guys do when Winter comes along

I try to get out on the bike as much as I can. A new additional to the fleet might help that. Do some snowshoeing... thinking some long hikes in the cold. That is about it...

·
Banned
3,796 Posts
all skiing till at least april if snow sticks around the seacoast like last year. the bike is collecting dust till spring. my ass won't touch a saddle till april i hope. nice break. if snow/ice melts, things could change. pray for snow!
rog

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
Snowboarding
Playing in the snow with my daughters. (they are off from school 'till the new year) and we have a ton of snow down here right now.

This what I do in the winter for fun. I plan to continue to have fun and rest from cycling for the next couple of weeks.

As for training, I just got a new TOL Blackburn trainer so I intend on using that jam a bunch when the roads are not rideable.
Mid January I start base training on the road for the upcoming season. Then off the AZ for a week in Feb.

·
beer thief
4,931 Posts
Tele & alpine ski regularly, snowboard occasionally when there are freshies & skate ski quite a bit, often by headlamp at night. Skate skiing is wicked fast and a killer workout, lots of fun.

When ski conditions get bad the biking is often good, and having a Pugsley makes even marginal conditions enjoyable. I've been getting out on snowshoes quite a bit in the last few years, either scoping new trails or packing key singletrack sections when it's warm to make the biking good when it refreezes. I played hockey for the last 4 or 5 years but my biceps injury has put that on hold for a while.

Winter offers so many options that if you live in the north and complain about winter you really need to try something else. Even sledding is a total speed rush. A few of my friends have built and maintained some killer backyard 'luge' runs that are a blast. Sometimes they are scary when conditions get icy.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Living in So Cal, pretty much the same thing I do the rest of the year , a lot of biking, running hiking, the beach then add add about 10-30 day of skiing. Skiing Mammoth in 2 weeks, then Tahoe the end of Jan and Utah in late Feb.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Ultimate frisbee 2 or 3 times a week year round. We'll play in practically any weather. I'll do some rock Climbing at the Rock Gym a couple times a week which is pretty fun. If the snow thins out of enough I'll throw the studs on and spin a bit with the XC bike. Taking the kids to free swim and the rock gym is cool until they start fighting, then it sucks.

·
Vaginatarian
5,686 Posts
13pumps said:
Living in So Cal, pretty much the same thing I do the rest of the year , a lot of biking, running hiking, the beach then add add about 10-30 day of skiing. Skiing Mammoth in 2 weeks, then Tahoe the end of Jan and Utah in late Feb.
yeah yeah , but you're still in this forum so you must miss it:D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.