Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the headset on at least the lower end RL's is pretty low end... but what does that realy mean?... i don't FEEL a difference when riding between it and my Chris King HS on my other bike...

i'm planning on moving my some good stuff over to my redline, just debating on the headset...

·
Registered
63 Posts
A Chris King HS has sealed bearings, they are much smoother to use, the stock ones on redlines are open bearing w/ a retainer. other than the King being lighter and more durable in off road use, if you don't feel a difference its up to you. (I destroyed the stock HS on my Giant after 4 races) If you want a new headset, I'd get a SINZ ceramic headset. it is available in 1 1/8 also, along with 1" http://www.bikeman.com/HD7400.html

·
Registered
501 Posts
I can tell a huge difference between my CK and the stock headset that is still on my d440. The king is much smoother...

When I have the d440 on my bike rack, the handlebars don't move for the duration of the trip... When I have the Flight with the CK on the rack, I have to bungie the the front wheel to keep it from flopping around. :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.