Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
HTFU and Ride
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great day in the saddle today. 3 hours of Michigan singletrack:thumbsup:

Took some breaks for cool pictures here and there. Thought I would share them:D I hope this will be the story of my summer!

1.) Self timer shot
2.) My bars
3. & 4.) Pretty flowers found trailside
5.) my bike chillin in a meadow
6.) MI trails = sandy, but its all good with the 29er :thumbsup:
7.) out in the woods
8.) Great section of new trail rerouting around a washed out disaster of a climb
9.) How to properly armor a water crossing

Attachments

·
Currently in Exile
2,303 Posts
That is one well armored creek crossing. Those trails look pretty buff.

·
HTFU and Ride
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Frozenspokes said:
That is one well armored creek crossing. Those trails look pretty buff.
our chapter of the mmba is pretty active and that trail gets taken care of. thats not to say there aren't plenty of waterbars, roots, rocks, and sand on pretty much every climb;) lots of really nice trails in the area though.

·
HTFU and Ride
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
scorpionwoman said:
The flower shots are pretty, but that first pic is especially cool.

Did you guys get all that midwestern rain that far north?

ya we got pounded with the rain. all the sand really helps the trails drain fast. only end up with a couple muddy spots here and there. there was a big national endurance series race north of where i live and they got 10" of rain and 80mph winds the night before the 100 mile race! they got it all cleaned up though.

·
Registered
620 Posts
where in michigan are those trails? I'm heading up to the north end of the lower penninsula in two weeks for a vacation (my wife's uncle has a house on a lake up there). I'm bring my cross bike but I want to ride some singletrack. I've done some research and found some trails (wilderness state park). Any tips on places to ride would be appreciated.

·
HTFU and Ride
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
llama said:
where in michigan are those trails? I'm heading up to the north end of the lower penninsula in two weeks for a vacation (my wife's uncle has a house on a lake up there). I'm bring my cross bike but I want to ride some singletrack. I've done some research and found some trails (wilderness state park). Any tips on places to ride would be appreciated.
i would check out the Michigan Mountain Biking Assoc. site. mmba.org

i am in west mi and don't know a ton about the northern lower. i do know of the high country pathway.... it is brutal, prolly more than you would want to bring a cross bike on. if you post up on the MMBA site people will help ya out. have a nice trip!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.