Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
10,000,000 Watts
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '19 Levo Expert XL, 47.12# w/pedals, cage, di2, Fox Dpx2, and Lyrik. Not bad, a pound heavier than my Focus. Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Land vehicle Bicycle
Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle part
Bicycle accessory Bicycle handlebar Bicycle Bicycle part Bicycles--Equipment and supplies
Bicycle tire Bicycle part Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle accessory Automotive tire
Green Bicycle part Bicycle accessory Carbon Bicycle

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
My KHS 2019 e6555+ weighs 49lbs. Super nice ride, 150/140 travel.
couldn't be happier. Price $5K. I'm 1000 miles in and it's holding up great.

I'm racing it in the upcoming CES race at the Mt Shasta Ski Park, July 13th.

Bring your class 1 bikes out and have some fun on the mountain!
Anybody got a Decoy I could borrow for a few hours that afternoon?

·
E-Moderator
1,021 Posts
Nice final weight Gutch! How does she ride?

My Tazer started out around 47lbs, but after a few flat tires I upgraded the tires to: Assegai Front 29x2.5 EXO+ and Assegai 27.5X2.5 DD with inserts. I didn't weigh it, but it gained a few pounds. My calibrated arms would say about 50lbs now. Still feels fast up and down, but harder to move around when off the bike.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Frame: Tazer, Carbon Fiber,Medium, 155mm travel, 64.9 HTA
Motor: Shimano Steps E8000 20mph 250W / ECO / Trail / Boost
Fork: FOX FACTORY Standard 36 FLOAT, Kashima, 170 mm, FIT GRIP2, 15QRx110 BOOST, 51mm Offset
Shock: FOX FACTORY FLOAT DPX2, Trunnion Mount, EVOL, 3-Position Lever 185x55mm
Crank: Shimano XT 175mm, 34T
Pedals: Shimano XTR trail
Shifter: E7000 11 speed, E7000 Mode
Derailleur: Shimano XTR DI2 11 speed
Cassette: Shimano 11-speed XTR Cassette 11-40 w/ Wolf Tooth 45 cog
Chain: Shimano E-bike, 11 speed
Chain Guide: E-Thirteen Chain Guide
Saddle: WTB Silverado w/ Ti Rails
Seat post: Fox Factory Series Transfer, 31.6mm, 150mm travel w/Wolf Tooth I-Spec Lever
Handlebar: Shimano Pro Tharsis Trail Carbon Di2 31.8 20mmX 800mm
Stem: Shimano Pro Koryak Di2 31.8 400mmx 0 Degree
Brakeset: Shimano XT 4-Piston Hydraulic Disc, 203mm Front and Rear
Headset: Cane Creek 40 Series, ZS44/EC49.40
Grips: ODI Ruffians
Wheelset: Front DT H1700 28X30mm, Rear DT H1700 27.5X35mm Stock
Tires: Front: 29X2.60, MINION DHF II, FOLDABLE, 120TPI, 3CMAXX TERRA/EXO/TR
Rear: 27.5X2.8, MINION DHR II, FOLDABLE, 120TPI, 3CMAXX TERRA/EXO+/TR
Tubes: Cush-Core inserts
Travel (front/rear): 170mm / 155mm
Build Weight W/ Pedal: 49.64 pounds

·
Registered
477 Posts
My Emotion Atom X 6 Enduro bike weighs 52lbs with a 700wh battery and the weight only shows whwn I go to set it on the bike rack carrier. Riding though its not so noticable. In fact i think it helps on the down hill stuff.

·
E-Moderator
1,021 Posts
Frame: Tazer, Carbon Fiber,Medium, 155mm travel, 64.9 HTA
Motor: Shimano Steps E8000 20mph 250W / ECO / Trail / Boost
Fork: FOX FACTORY Standard 36 FLOAT, Kashima, 170 mm, FIT GRIP2, 15QRx110 BOOST, 51mm Offset
Shock: FOX FACTORY FLOAT DPX2, Trunnion Mount, EVOL, 3-Position Lever 185x55mm
Crank: Shimano XT 175mm, 34T
Pedals: Shimano XTR trail
Shifter: E7000 11 speed, E7000 Mode
Derailleur: Shimano XTR DI2 11 speed
Cassette: Shimano 11-speed XTR Cassette 11-40 w/ Wolf Tooth 45 cog
Chain: Shimano E-bike, 11 speed
Chain Guide: E-Thirteen Chain Guide
Saddle: WTB Silverado w/ Ti Rails
Seat post: Fox Factory Series Transfer, 31.6mm, 150mm travel w/Wolf Tooth I-Spec Lever
Handlebar: Shimano Pro Tharsis Trail Carbon Di2 31.8 20mmX 800mm
Stem: Shimano Pro Koryak Di2 31.8 400mmx 0 Degree
Brakeset: Shimano XT 4-Piston Hydraulic Disc, 203mm Front and Rear
Headset: Cane Creek 40 Series, ZS44/EC49.40
Grips: ODI Ruffians
Wheelset: Front DT H1700 28X30mm, Rear DT H1700 27.5X35mm Stock
Tires: Front: 29X2.60, MINION DHF II, FOLDABLE, 120TPI, 3CMAXX TERRA/EXO/TR
Rear: 27.5X2.8, MINION DHR II, FOLDABLE, 120TPI, 3CMAXX TERRA/EXO+/TR
Tubes: Cush-Core inserts
Travel (front/rear): 170mm / 155mm
Build Weight W/ Pedal: 49.64 pounds
Nice build JP! I almost went with the XTR derailuer, but just a bit out of my budget! You must have some steep hills with that 45t rear cog. Did you go with the Shimano bar and stem for cleaner install?

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
I got the XTR derailier only because I was gathering parts before I bought the Tazer, I had the money, The 45 tooth comes in handy on steep tight switchbacks. Low speed and step = slow. Makes it easier to get back up to speed. Yes I love a clean bar and stem. I ride moto brake so the bar & cable arrangement ends up very sano.
It took about 10 hours to set up the Tazer, including unpacking.
It is very unnerving dropping the motor before even riding.

·
10,000,000 Watts
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What you think of the Levo?
I like it. I was set up with a 160mm front instead of stock 150 and I believe I'm going back to 150. The front got a little light on some climbs and felt vague in corners. I do not care for the Butcher on the front, and am replacing with a DHF. Also gonna go with a 35mm stem to help with manuals and bunnyhops. I also am selling the dpx2 rear shock and gonna run the stocker. It felt like I couldn't get the rebound slow enough. Could be the tune, as it's off a new Stumpy. Pro's- very quiet, strong torque and good range. Cons- I'm broke!

·
Administrator
11,819 Posts
I have a legitimate question regarding weight:

I was commuting home the other night behind an e-bike (they pull a nice draft at a pace I can maintain) and we came up on another bike that was much slower. The e-bike was able to zip around and I waited until the next clear area to pass. I was behind this guy for a bit and he was huffing and puffing. The context is Seattle, uphill and into our summer headwind, so the huffing and puffing is to be somewhat expected. When clear I came around him and rode by, looking to my right and noting that I was passing. When I saw him he was very red, gasping noticeably, and struggling mightily. That is when I noticed he was on an ebike, with what i assume was a dead battery.

So the question I have is how does the weight of these bikes impact your getting out of a trail if you suffer a battery failure? I used to ride a mid to high 30lbs santa cruz bullit as my main mountain bike and I suffered but it was my regular bike so my fitness matched the weight and while I didn't climb inordinately quickly I never suffered like this guy was.

Would a 50lbs mountain bike be a detriment to your safety or physical well being if you were only fit enough to ride it with assist and not enough to ride it without (which I assume was this poor fellows case last night)?

Serious question.

·
10,000,000 Watts
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They’re heavy without assist, no doubt. But depending on your fitness level you should be able to granny out. I have a few miles in the mtns. But really I plan and possibly most do, just how much Trail your bike can handle. I’ll turn it off on some easy riding but mainly use eco. I huff and puff on my bike also, depends how many miles you’ve ridden. Since I mainly ride with regular mtbs, I usually run their pace and distance.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.