Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Picked up the Nicolai Nucleon TFR tonight. Its finally finished and ready to go. Almost 7 months to the day.... A huge thank you to Ethan & Toni at Blacksheep Cycles, you guys rock...:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup: ........... Thank you to Nicolai in Germany for your help with a few vitals.:thumbsup: .. Thank you to Matt at EuroBike USA, am stoked you put the real value on the CCDB shock so as I could pay the duty in Spain. :confused:

Thank you to the team and Pedro at SBR in Mataro, Spain for your build help....

Also thank you to all the patience shown by my buddies on MTBR, along with the thoughtful comments and PM's throughout this, which as been a bit of a marthon....

Onwards and upwards....

There are quite a few headset spacers on below the stem, want to get it right height wise after a few rides.......The weight, pretty much spot on 19Kg's, some 40 pounds. Have to say more than we thought when specc'ing the build, no worries though, cant comment till I ride it more.

It is night time here, so shots are inside and on my dining table... Oh being a bachelor..:eek: :eek: :D :D :D

First up the obligatory couch / sofa shot for the team.:D :D :D

Attachments

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
Yes! first post in the most anticipated thread in mtbr history!

·
Registered
77 Posts
So, how is the gearbox? Is it on the left side purely because of nicolai, or did you request it?

Looks lovely though

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Last shot for the German's

Attachments

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
You should probably put some more spacers under your stem though...

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
coma13 said:
Yes! first post in the most anticipated thread in mtbr history!
coma, you speed demon you, was thinking, sheesh can I get these posted before a reply. Yeah ha...:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tomzo22 said:
So, how is the gearbox? Is it on the left side purely because of nicolai, or did you request it? Looks lovely though
They are all like that, how the GBoxx set up is made.... No real ride, 100 m's and thats it, dark here and pissing with rain....

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
coma13 said:
You should probably put some more spacers under your stem though...
coma you Mod you, have to ride it to set my height, didnt want to cut the steerer before I rode it.....

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The component list.....:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
08nwsula said:
how did you attach the blacksheep logo?
Very good question, bit of Hollywood BS, some 2 sided tape from my office, more so for the photo's. Shallow I know...:D :D :D

Have to sort out how I will do that part.....

·
Registered
734 Posts
Nice

Very hot. Am I allowed to ask how large the whole is in your wallet?
Hope you enjoy it as I would never been able to wait 7 months.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
trailadvent said:
Awesome bro, great to see its finally come together for ya, should ride as good as it looks:thumbsup:What lb spring you running? And be good to see the first dirty pix f the beast!
Cheers bro, Ti spring is an RCS, and it is 450lb.... Will have to play more with the shock, but is a different beast from the Fox for sure.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Look! A green bicycle. :thumbsup:

You can't just put a SRAM hollow pin on a Nicolai. :yawn:

You need a Rohloff SLT99.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts