Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
meh....
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
~RR~ WF Teanaway Slickrock 6-13-08

On Friday I did Borneo's Slickrock "loop". It's been posted before, not much to add other than figuring out where the trail was across the river was a bit confusing. I crossed it 3 times before finally finding it. I posted the track at that crossing, it's the second to the last crossing for the day.

Monte

·
Fake it 'til you make it
357 Posts
Cool. Gearz, you're a geologist, right? How was the "slickrock" formed? In the 4th picture; it's pretty neat how the rock breaks off.

Monte; Maverick to a Lefty? You've got upgraditus! :D

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Woo hoo!

Just the Dingbat area or all the way down stream to Carlson as well? (There's a new trail from the bottom of the old Sandy Downhill to the concrete bridge at Carlson Canyon...) Nice. :) How high was the river?

·
meh....
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Borneo said:
Woo hoo!

Just the Dingbat area or all the way down stream to Carlson as well? (There's a new trail from the bottom of the old Sandy Downhill to the concrete bridge at Carlson Canyon...) Nice. :) How high was the river?
I re-traced the GPS track from the wiki. Other than that, I have no idea where I was, don't know the names of anything. None of this is on any map I have, I just followed the GPS.

River is knee deep at most.

Monte

·
meh....
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Borneo said:
Which "Day" map Monte? Obviously, you went out to the big slab. But, did you do the longer figure 8 around Sandstone Creek? If so, how was the attempted blockage of some of the trails?

http://www.bbtc.org/wiki/index.php?title=Image:TeanawayJun05.jpg

Or, one of the others....
I did the route you linked to above. I didn't really notice any trail blockage. Where are you saying there's blockage?

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
What a neat fun unique area.:)

i'm sorry i missed the ride this year.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Looping clockwise from the slab around Sandstone Creek. There were several blockages that the timber company did to try and keep people out becasue there were several break ins at the cabins up there. I assume the motos and quads just went around them and created new trails. That's the usual....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.