Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all the people that own a Weyless XP, the bearings on the frame are replaceable.

Here's the ones that you need:

6003 series Sealed Cartridge Bearings

I ordered a 2 pairs for replacements. I think they are running around 5 to 6 dollars at www.speedgoat.com.

Thought people would like to know these do to the fact that the frame will last a very long time and the bearings are very readly available.

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,848 Posts
WeylessXPRider said:
To all the people that own a Weyless XP, the bearings on the frame are replaceable.

Here's the ones that you need:

6003 series Sealed Cartridge Bearings

I ordered a 2 pairs for replacements. I think they are running around 5 to 6 dollars at www.speedgoat.com.

Thought people would like to know these do to the fact that the frame will last a very long time and the bearings are very readly available.
cool; good info. i've got a 67 myself. haven't had to mess with the bearings as of yet, but i figured they would be something fairly standard (maybe larger than the XP bearings, maybe not) rather than supergo doing some funky odd bearing size. pivot spacers/bushings/whatever they are called look to be fairly plain jane standard as well.

now if they'd ever make available a set of replacement dropouts again.......out of stock forever now. no problems with mine on the bike so far, but it'd be nice to have a spare set hanging around just in case, rather than hassle with customer service/warrantee.

i hear they are no longer making the weyless frames, so we'll see what happens if i ever have a problem with it!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd assume that the Weyless XP and 67 both use the same bearings, since the 6003 bearings are oversized to begin with

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
scrublover said:
cool; good info. i've got a 67 myself. haven't had to mess with the bearings as of yet, but i figured they would be something fairly standard (maybe larger than the XP bearings, maybe not) rather than supergo doing some funky odd bearing size. pivot spacers/bushings/whatever they are called look to be fairly plain jane standard as well.

now if they'd ever make available a set of replacement dropouts again.......out of stock forever now. no problems with mine on the bike so far, but it'd be nice to have a spare set hanging around just in case, rather than hassle with customer service/warrantee.

i hear they are no longer making the weyless frames, so we'll see what happens if i ever have a problem with it!
You should try contacting http://derailleurhanger.com/index.htm

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,848 Posts
ctxcrossx said:
nope. the the hanger is a part of the whole dropout; the whole huge piece is replaceable. only one to make them is supergo (well, whoever makes the frames for them) so if they don't have them, i'm outa' luck.

no problems with them so far, but like i say, it'd be nice to have a spare just in case.

if you go check out the weyless XP and 67 frames on supergo.com, you'll see what i mean about how the dropouts/hanger is done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.