Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering what you guys wear when either it's probably gonna rain or when it is raining. x-mas is coming, and it would kick ass to get rain gear b/c i'm in the PNW.

·
Registered
34 Posts
pants are craft, broke them in at cap forest after a week of rain and stayed dry and warm. Just picked up a coat by fox that is a lightweight shell and is breathable. I havent really had a chance to wear it much. Hope this is helpfull

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,000 Posts
bought a light 10 dollar windbreaker fom K mart...sprayed it with silicon to keep the water off my upper boddy.....bought cheap sweat pants (don't know the material, but probably polisester or something) silicon treatment too....works great and very cheap if you ruin it

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
BJ- said:
i simply wear which ever jersey isnt in the washing machine. its not like mud or water has ever hurt anyone...
that be cold matey!

I go with the clear Fox jacket for heavy rain or I use a Fox Storm something or other for light rain and snow. Fox Huck pants complete the ensemble.....catwalk, here I come!

The Huck pants arent that waterproof but I may try SMT's silicone treatment and see how things go. Good advice man!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Raceface has some nice waterproof jackets, only if your intent on spending money. They do look really nice though...
http://www.raceface.com/apparel/storm-layer/index.html
I may need something waterproof too because the winters are aperantly rather wet in lugano. I was just thinking of getting a waterproof softshell and make it my all purpose waterproof jacket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts