Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Ultimate Clydesdale
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another soggy day in West Texas and I find myself in the confinement of my home office daydreaming about that huge drop I want to take............... I guess I will be limited to going for a run or something this afternoon. My next days off look great weather-wise so at least I have that going for me. So what do ya'll do that is mountain bike oriented when the weather doesnt permit riding?

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
I recently moved from AZ to Colorado. In Tucson, EVERY day is a great day to ride.
I have had to adjust by doing a lot more hiking, which gives me the outdoor nature, the exercise (unlimited hill climbing here), and lets me explore areas that I will be able to ride when the snow melts. It has also given me a great new relationship with my dog, who loves the snow and mountains, but hated the desert heat.
Skiing is the other thing, but probably not a good option in West Texas.
Eat any good Asado lately?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Watch the Collective for the ump-teenth thousandth time! Hike around Cleburne State Park and or Dinosaur Valley.Get back to the gym (briefly) then slowly become sedentary,eat and drink too much, then curse at myself when I get back on the Yeti while adding more air to my RP23!!! Repeat next season!

·
SS XC Junkie
505 Posts
For those with 29er's you can get some cycle cross tires (700cc) and put them on your wheels. We put some 700x23 road tires on my buddies 29er wheels. It looked funny and the center of the tire was flattened out but he was able to hold 15mph for 20 miles with no problem. The 700x35 cyclecross tires are more fun because you can still do a little jumping and off roading while maintaining some decent road speeds. $70 in tires is cheaper than a complete road bike if you don't have a road bike.

·
Pedaler of dirt
903 Posts
Swap over to mud tyres and go ride or get the road bike out. It's easy to avoid 'known' trails and find over places to ride off road when it's wet.

·
Registered
503 Posts
53119 said:
don't get on skinny tires and ride
get your fat tires on something skinny

you're a mtber, right? huck the urban landscape
Werd. I live in Houston and like to urban ride to downtown and ride around. Hit up a couple bars and keep riding around. Can get in 40 miles pretty easily.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.