Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
viva la v-brakes!
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a Avid BB7 brake for the front of my winter bike. So far the stopping power has been pretty disappointing compared to my v-brakes on my other set-up. I'm guessing since I'm riding through snow and stuff that I should look into wet condition pads for the BB7's. Any recommendations?

Thanks,

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
There's a disc brake FAQ in the upper right corner of the page, read it, has your answer and more! That really needs to be a sticky on this forum...moderator? Supermoderator?

·
~I Ride In Circles ~
1,629 Posts
All I did and do is find a few nice downhills and brake hard a few times. Nothing crazy but after a few decent stops you'll notice the brakes get stronger. Just don't nail the brakes and drag them or you could glaze them over and put yourself at a disadvantage.

A normal cross country ride with a few decent stops is typically enough to break in new pads and rotors.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Bikinfoolferlife said:
There's a disc brake FAQ in the upper right corner of the page, read it, has your answer and more! That really needs to be a sticky on this forum...moderator? Supermoderator?
No "sticky" needed. Use the link in the corner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.