Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yo,

Question for you all. I've been riding with small block 8s or larsen tts in the rear for awhile now and feel like i've chewed them up quickly.

I'm interested in rear tires for AM and XC bikes and would be interested in UST as well. Anything between a small block style and minion/nevegal? Perhaps I should just stay with the tried and true minion, as I have found the nevegal to be crap.

Thanks.

·
Banned
7,930 Posts
I ran Racing Ralphs on my 29'er on the high country buff stuff. No complaints, super low rolling resistance, important if you aren't shuttling and don't have to worry about rocks puncturing your sidewalls. Otherwise, run them in the Snakeskin version for more sidewall protection. YMMV.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have been running the Panaracer Rampage in 2.4 on my 29r. They set up tubeless great, good sidewall, very decent side knobs, they roll pretty easy too. No problems. The tread is similar to a Nevegal but much lighter and no ripped knobs this whole season. I am pleasantly surprised as I normally run Continentals. I ride these with 35 lbs everywhere in the valley. Fruita, Loma / Mack, Lunch loop area, etc. I would purchase these again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts