Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just started with the MTB. hit Graham Hills in Pleasantville yesterday. it was a blast, but a little difficult being green to the sport.

i was told Granite Knoll is a bit more forgiving. truth? any other parks or trails to check out?

thanks!

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'd agree that Granite Knolls, Sylvan Glen, and Woodland Legacy Fields has "easier" XC trails than Graham. Easier in terms of technical ascents and descents, and less steep sections. 909 (Taconic-Hereford MUA) is also a good spot, but if you run wide handlebars, watch out in some places.

Also agree about Stewart!

·
Registered
564 Posts
I'd agree that Granite Knolls, Sylvan Glen, and Woodland Legacy Fields has "easier" XC trails than Graham. Easier in terms of technical ascents and descents, and less steep sections. 909 (Taconic-Hereford MUA) is also a good spot, but if you run wide handlebars, watch out in some places.

Also agree about Stewart!
A big thumbs up for 909. Definitely agree with the handlebar comment lol. It certainly does have some long trails with good flow. Bikehead comes to mind for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.