Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
headed out midmorning from ned. ended up going through west mag to rollinsville, riding peak to peak to golden gate canyon state park, over mountain lion, up drew hill, down to white ranch, did a little loop up top then down mustang/belcher hill to the bottom, rode 93 back to boulder, up canyon to 4 mile turnoff, took bus to ned, rode home. *phew*

for what it's worth, and to those who don't know....don't ever speed in gilpin county. particularly on a holiday, on peak to peak.

stopped for a quick bite at panorama point

getting tortured going up mountain lion

only section up top i couldn't clear... any pointers, or lines you'd take to get through it without being a trials rider?

drew hill hiding and waiting in the distance.

mustang

hello mr. buck. felt like jumping in too at this point

i'm tired.

·
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Throw some drop bars on there and be like John Tomac, circa 1990.
drop bars would get my saddle a good 6 inches above my hands, and people would be looking at me even more strangely. lol

You are the second person i have seen rockin that old school frame converted to a ss! Nice pics and great ride what was the elev. + ??
i love the stiffness of the frame for ssing and xcing in general. just ordered a new magura menja for it to replace that 5.5lb coil spring.

not sure of elevation gain. i'd guess around 3500. but a lot of it was on 119 and drew hill...so not really true mountain bike elevation gain. i've been more beat down by 50 milers. rtd helped me out on this one :)

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Nice. I also rode Mt Lion to White this w/e, I'm assuming there is no trail to link the two... basically Drew Hill is it? Or am I mistaken?

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
go granny go!

nomit said:
only section up top i couldn't clear... any pointers?
um, get a derailleur? :skep:

(someone has to say it)
:D

·
1,529 Posts
Pluto Pilot said:
Holy Juli Furtado! Nice old school Yeti - the classic yellow and desert turquoise. Throw some drop bars on there and be like John Tomac, circa 1990.
Not to retro-dork this thread out too much, but that frame looks to be about 95-96. Tomac rode Yeti for one season in 1990. He threw down on a steel FRO for the first half and a carbon C-26 the second half.

That frame is awesome though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.