Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's West Texas newest trail... It has no jumps, no hucks, no burms... just one big ass rut and a bunch of fvcked up blown out off camber corners. Anyone is free to ride it... the more you skid and blow it out the better. Brake bumps are soon to come.

Attachments

·
Hisforever
1,867 Posts
at first i thought you were bummed on the moto ruts. then i saw the pic, still confused???. Is this the new trailbuilding weapon for w. texas?

we gots some 450's that could help out bigtime

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Is that the access road to the right (1st pic)? Looks like a m-fer to push up. My calves are burning just looking at it. Looks, potentially, like a fun run.

Your right about the rain. It's getting too dry here in Norcal to build also....almost.

·
Registered
221 Posts
hey Marky!!

Is that the track meet line you practice sprints on? You mentioned you were going to run your moto through it to burn it in. Give me a call and we'll go dig some of it up. You know I wanted to blow some of those berms out anyway to make it more fun and pinned. Give me a call today.

·
Equal opportunity meanie
2,781 Posts
To be honest that looks pretty fun as it is now if that rut is straight down the center with some area on the outside of the turns. Hop the rut, land and make the turn and have to hop over again to line up for the next turn. Bet it would get your cornering a little more honed.

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
Hahahaha, the lock and load rut... Drop into those biatches and you better be commited to ride it the whole way through!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
DHidiot said:
To be honest that looks pretty fun as it is now if that rut is straight down the center with some area on the outside of the turns. Hop the rut, land and make the turn and have to hop over again to line up for the next turn. Bet it would get your cornering a little more honed.
These ruts are hard. If you ride down you're staying in them, there aint no other way. They may look easy since there's a motocycle riding up them, but they're not, In fact I couldn't even come close to riding that motorcycle up them... and I own it! I had to get ex supercross pro Gary "I've spent more time in the air than you've been alive" Sailers to do the job.

Here's another shot of Gary on one of the small jumps left over since the city plowed the place 3 years ago.

Attachments

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Alloy said:
t ex supercross pro Gary "I've spent more time in the air than you've been alive" Sailers to do the job.

isn't that the truth......that guy smoked me on a trail w/out a chain and there were pedaling sections:yikes:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.