Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Something goes here...
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be on the west side all weekend and am planning on riding the Estrellas one day and a roadie ride the other. Which on which day is still to be determined.

Anyone out that way wanna ride? Probably not as it's so far away from everyone else. :mad:

·
wrecking crew
1,392 Posts
Rodney, Jeff & I probably would have but we are heading up to Sunrise this weekend to play on the big bikes. You should venture over to the Upper Eastside Road Ride that Durtgurl's has posted up...but I'm sure it's probably too far away.

I wouldn't mind catching a road ride on the Sun Valley Pkwy one of these days. Seems like it would be a good spin.

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
su.ling~ said:
Rodney, Jeff & I probably would have but we are heading up to Sunrise this weekend to play on the big bikes. You should venture over to the Upper Eastside Road Ride that Durtgurl's has posted up...but I'm sure it's probably too far away.

I wouldn't mind catching a road ride on the Sun Valley Pkwy one of these days. Seems like it would be a good spin.
Su Ling of all the king flakity flakers in Flaketown is pimping a road ride?

just teasing to get you fired up! a good social roadie is exactly what you need to catch the bug. have fun in Sunrise and be careful!

·
Something goes here...
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sun Valley Pkwy is long and boring but hardly any traffic. Plus it has a very large median so it's pretty safe. Whenever I head over there I that's what I ride. Usually end up doing around 40 miles. If I was with a group, I could go further but by yourself on that long and boring of a stretch of road is mind numbing.

·
wrecking crew
1,392 Posts
chollaball said:
Su Ling of all the king flakity flakers in Flaketown is pimping a road ride?

just teasing to get you fired up! a good social roadie is exactly what you need to catch the bug. have fun in Sunrise and be careful!
Hahaha. To tell the truth, I actually enjoy road riding. My butt doesn't, but it's getting better. ;)

·
Something goes here...
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotta remember the butt cream for roadie riding.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Crash:

I'm going to pedal out to Wickenberg tomorrow morning -- Sun Valley Parkway is just gnarly pavement as I did my century out there last month and just got beaten-up, even on my Steel Rd.-bike.

The road/Hwy. to Wickenberg is nice asphalt and should be good for a Century+ from Estrella Mtn. Ranch.

I personally would recommend F_ _ S (that of which we don't speak of on MTBR any longer). vs. the Estrella Loops or PIR Loops. Horses have destroyed the Estella Loops and the PIR/MBAA loops have weathered poorly in my not-so-humble opinion.

I'll PM you a map and directions on HOW to get there/here.
You'll dig it.
Bring your climbing legs for a couple of the trails, but again, I won't get into "details" here in the Public forum.

My personal Contact info. will also be in the PM, so call/contact me tonight w/questions or concerns, but try and make it early as I'm going to try and go to sleep at a ridiculous-hour to get up tomorrow at 4:00 tomorrow to be on the Tarmac by/before 5:00 am. (probably be 110 - 120-ish tomorrow and I'd like to do most of it in Zone II or LOW III, so it'll be 5-1/2 to 6 hrs. of saddle-time.).

If you do pavement Saturday, and dirt Sunday, perhaps we can hook up Sunday "after Mass" for a ride? (About 9:30 or 10:00 am)

Later,
Harv out.
* BTW: LOVE your salutations: Boycott France! RIGHT ON!!!!!!!

·
Something goes here...
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just got this or I would have hit ya up. I'm off to sleep now for a 5AM wake up call for 50 miles on the roadie. Then my new fork gets installed on the 29er. Then off to see the new Harry Potter movie. Then play time with the kids. Then time to sleep for an early Sunday wake up call to ride the SS with new fork. It'll be a shake down ride for the fork. Hit me up if you can scram outta mass for one week to ride as I need to be finished around 9 (give or take).

And Hell yeah on the salutation!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sunday morning Mtn. Bike ride on _I_S.

Hey man:

Probably doing Mass tonight vs. tomorrow morning, so a good-solid "Maybe" for tomorrow.

e-mail me (preferably to my home e-mail = [email protected]) and I'll send you the map as I don't know how for here.

4:25 am and I'm already on my 2nd cup of coffee. Ugh. Man I hate mornings!!!
What fork did you get for your 29r? I got that MonoCog 29r and she's rigid. I've often thought of a fork for her.

Harv out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts