Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the series, but have been racing cross country for a while now. There doesn't seem to be any clear instructions about how to get to the venue on Budu Racing's website.

Anyone been to the Dash Point Park race before? It says "NOT at the State Park this year".

Just a little confused here.

Hope to see you out there next sunday!

·
Registered
64 Posts
sproqitman said:
So, how did everyone's race go? I had a blast, even though I went 0-4 on the mud pit + skinny combo near the end of the lap. Chilly, but sunny.
I scoped that out on my pre-race lap and determined it wasn't worth the effort or risk to try. I think if you know ahead of time that you are just going to dismount, you save time vs. trying and failing.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Enjoyed the course and the weather. Did the early race, able to ride the skinny. Spent to much energy after a bad start catching up and a few got away, but still had fun. Saw some photags about any ideas where pics may get posted. The sport class was huge, well not cyclocross huge, but bigger than I remember. Going to move up next race if the time works out. The guy that won beginner last year in my age group, won sport class this year, so lap times must be close, just not sure the back can handle another 20mins all out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The course was great...all singletrack (which made passing difficult). The tight tree pass was the only spot that really got me. I could have done it with some pre-riding to figure out the good line but sucking wind hard on the single speed would have made it difficult reguardless. Good race though, not too much mud.

·
Group Hug Participant
1,112 Posts
You guys left some course tape and maps out there. Ill snag it next time if its still there. Good conditions for a race, though. The trails are super buffed right now.

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
I suspect if I had time to go out there on my own and dial in the descent to bridge step-up to skinny sequence, I could do it. But I just ran it on Sunday.

Technical courses are a weak point of mine, so I made a lot of mistakes and drifted my way back through the pack over the course of the race. But I managed to do the whole thing at wide-open-throttle, so I think if I'd kept my bike upright, it would have been better. :p

·
Registered
64 Posts
AndrwSwitch said:
I suspect if I had time to go out there on my own and dial in the descent to bridge step-up to skinny sequence, I could do it. But I just ran it on Sunday.

Technical courses are a weak point of mine, so I made a lot of mistakes and drifted my way back through the pack over the course of the race. But I managed to do the whole thing at wide-open-throttle, so I think if I'd kept my bike upright, it would have been better. :p
Did you happen to throw a chain in the mud pit on the last lap?

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
I did throw a chain. Someone mentioned it to me, but I was already back in the saddle when I noticed, so I kept spinning my pedals until the front derailleur stuck it back on for me. I didn't think I was in a mud pit, though.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Fun race for sure. Those are some cool trails. I'll have to get down there for some more riding some time.

Having not seen the course ahead of the race wasn't ideal but not bad. Followed folks on the first couple laps but then when I got clear trail I overcooked a couple turns. No issues with the skinny's but the bars were a bit wide for the tight trees.

Overall, quite pleased with my ride for not having been on the fat tires for a few months. Oh yeah, definitely should have checked the shock pressures. They were down a little and a bit on the squishy side. D'oh! ;)

Cheers!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.