Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
uh, uh...oh, i forget
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that boa has officially signed some mileage up there lately. Since i've never been i though now would be a good time, can someone tell me where to park so that i can access the legal trails...maybe even some advice on the best route...
thanks....

·
a dad
2,927 Posts
i was gonna ask the same thing...i believe you park on hwy 119 just south of nederland

·
uh, uh...oh, i forget
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
new maps have the trails...

Just got the newest Boulder/nederland trail map and it is very detailed and shows trailheads etc... there are no specific directions for the west mag system though... but it does show the parking to be at magnolia rd and 119 south of ned... I guess i'll be doing some exploring...

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
You could park in Ned and ride towards Eldora, ducking into the trail system just before the high school. Or you could parkl at the high school and do the same. It's the way I ususally do it, because coming back tht way is pretty fun.

·
Obviously Single
1,143 Posts
There's a trail-head parking lot across from Magnolia Rd.

mcd said:
I know that boa has officially signed some mileage up there lately. Since i've never been i though now would be a good time, can someone tell me where to park so that i can access the legal trails...maybe even some advice on the best route...
thanks....
In addition to starting at or riding through the High School area, you can go a little past the High School. If you do, you'll see Magnolia Rd. on the left (a dirt road, I think), and a dirt road and parking area on the right. (There is a fence made out of timbers there -- it's pretty obvous.) You can park there, if you wish. (That's what I did when I first rode there.)

There are many more trails than those listed on the map, but I understand the map is pretty accurate (if small) for what it covers.

Thanks to BOA, btw, for helping to map/mark trails in that area.

·
Whatever
583 Posts
Take the Bus!

The proper way to ride West Mag is to take the RTD from downtown Boulder. 7:10, 8:10, or 10:10. It's $3 then you get to choose from a handful of ways down. I'm usually on the 7:10 bus on Sundays if you need to know where to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts