Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
what's for lunch today?
158 Posts
i live about 4 miles from the Res and pass the Rt 44 side every day to/from work. i'll hit it from the 44 side on my way home, or from the Rt 4 side on my days off. it's a fun trail with a little bit of everything. however, i've ridden there over a dozen times and still manage to get lost at least once or twice when i'm riding solo. take a guide.

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Convenient - but getting more and more heavily ridden (over-ridden one might say). Be careful of all the babyheads strewn about all over the trails - they could do damage to your bike and or your body if you were to hit one just right.

·
Registered
415 Posts
i remember a few years ago ppl would shy away from WH, 'too easy' i think i remember. go there at 5:00 and count the bikes in the lot, i guess it's a favorite again. i like it, it's just a bit too short, but good for a work night ride.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I went yesterday and had a great time. I went over the front bars, laughed, got back on and kept going without falling anymore. I realize how out of shape I am after the hill climbs at the beginning and I also need a camel back really bad. Overall it was great just wish I didnt have a freakin Rigid bike. A friend of mine has a hardtail frame he may be willing to part with but I have no cash.

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
ricot83 said:
So I went yesterday and had a great time. I went over the front bars, laughed, got back on and kept going without falling anymore. I realize how out of shape I am after the hill climbs at the beginning and I also need a camel back really bad. Overall it was great just wish I didnt have a freakin Rigid bike. A friend of mine has a hardtail frame he may be willing to part with but I have no cash.
I could porobably donate a cheap suspension fork that you can keep. Let me know if you are interested.

you can reach me at [email protected]

Best,

Mark

·
Registered
229 Posts
ricot83 said:
I ride there with a fully rigid singlespeed no problems. Its a fun place to ride and you can just do laps all day long and switch up the directions if you want an easier or harder loop. Good stuff.

MMcG said:
Convenient - but getting more and more heavily ridden (over-ridden one might say). Be careful of all the babyheads strewn about all over the trails - they could do damage to your bike and or your body if you were to hit one just right.
I concur. The trails are seeing a lot of use. Esp just off the ***** and up along the ridgeline. I'm constantly covering up short-cuts people make. It drives me insane that people are so lazy and keep making short-cuts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.