Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke my camera right after we got there so I have no good pictures or videos of us doing the hard stuff.
:mad:

Here are some of us testing out a few jumps:
Me-

Matt-

Video:

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
No pics of me? I think I saw you guys out there at the freeride area. I remember a few young gents and one had a Marin bike--which stood out because we don't see a lot of those around here.

If you saw some middle aged guy with a dark beard and thought "that bald headed old man sitting over on that picnic table is probably an XC weenie and wouldn't hit one of these jumps if his life depended on it"--well then that was probably me. (I was riding a blue Fisher Hi-Fi Pro and had an Ergon pack with my Bike Patrol patch on there. You guys were following the rules, so there was no inform, educate, and assist from me except to say hello).
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What day were you out there? I was the one on the Komodo. I have a Marin too and after riding all those trails on my Komodo I fell in love with it all over.

Sadly though, my friend with the Marin is not into biking very much and didn't do much other than stand around and talk to the other bikers, and tell us how much more fun we could have at the rainbow river tubing instead of biking. :( Even worse, his Marin fell off my bike rack on the high way on the way home (good thing it was also strapped in) so we dragged it about a mile, somehow the only damage too it was a torn seat, scratched rear caliper, and one of the sides of his handle bars was a bit grinded up.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I was out there Friday, Saturday, and Sunday--a benefit of living 5 miles away. I went over to the free ride area on Saturday when doing a short recovery ride from the Epic the day before (40 miles and a little over 3.5 hours on the bike). So if I saw you it was Saturday at the free ride area.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sunday at Santos

Was out there on sunday too with my buddy and his wife. Saw a group of young guys out there hitting those jumps over and over and thought that looked like a good time. I snuck a trip across them between your jumps and it was fun. Not confident enough for all that, plus I have a habit of falling so those things combined keeps me watching and riding the slightly lower and gentler stuff! Cant afford broken stuff in my job. As for the drive, takes me an hour tweny to get there but worth every gallon of gas at ~4 bux a gallon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.