Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to get some replacement pins for wellgo flat pedals? I have asked bike shops around here and all they say is some flats come with replacements but they don't sell them individually. My pedal pins can be replaced, and need to, but didn't come with any.

·
Banned
11,257 Posts
go to your local hardware store and look for allen key grub screws. take a sample from your pedal to make sure you get the proper size. you should be able to get about 15-20 for a whole lot cheaper than you would from calling Dan's Comp, paying the shipping, and waiting for them to arrive.

and pick up some Blue Loctite to use for the pedal pins when you install them. this way they won't vibrate out so easily next time.

I have some wellgos that I like a lot other than the fact that I lost about 5 of the pins after the first 2 rides on them. I found replacement grub screws at my local Ace Hardware.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Here is a dumb question

gonzostrike said:
go to your local hardware store and look for allen key grub screws. take a sample from your pedal to make sure you get the proper size. you should be able to get about 15-20 for a whole lot cheaper than you would from calling Dan's Comp, paying the shipping, and waiting for them to arrive.

and pick up some Blue Loctite to use for the pedal pins when you install them. this way they won't vibrate out so easily next time.

I have some wellgos that I like a lot other than the fact that I lost about 5 of the pins after the first 2 rides on them. I found replacement grub screws at my local Ace Hardware.
So on the wellgos do the pins just twist out with pliers?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.