Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my new Airborne Golbin was siked riding good but I was hearing a clicking noise when pedaling sometimes. So did some reading here and was told to check pedals. Well I noticed the right pedal washer looked like it was slightly moved a little so I further inspected and was able to pull the pedal right off the axle seen a few loose bearing has this happened to anyone before? I thought this was a preety reliable pedal I was only doing basic riding and I weigh approx. 220lbs with gear. Thanks in advance Luckily it didn't happen as I was riding that could have been bad

Attachments

·
Registered
14,128 Posts
Think I may just do it the right way this time and go with the spanks or azonic
The new Azonic Wicked are on my Superfly 9.8 build. $130 list. They work great with trailrunners.
Those O8s get good feedback in the AM section. I got a pair for another bike.

·
I like bikes.
309 Posts
That sucks. I have the same pedals.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Stuff happens. Kinda think maybe the locknut wasnt properly tightened and the nut & cone loosened and came off. How old is it? If it doesn't show signs of abuse you might be able to have the shop you bought it from replace the pedal. or you can just buy new ones.
Pedal failures have been pretty rare for me, have cages broken by impacts to point where friends gave me grief for putting them on multi thousand dollar bike or bearings so rough and cruddy they barely freespin.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts