Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Never enough time to ride
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I guess I've kinda been mostly lurking for like the last six months, but I'm ready to come out of the shadows now that I've got something to show off. It's not done yet, that won't happen till the end of the month, but tell me what you think so far.

happy trails...

squish

·
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bikerx40 said:
With those small wheels, you might have some bottom bracket clearance issues:p

Sweet ride. What else are you going to put on it?

Welcome aboard.
It kinda bottoms out pretty easy right now, but it sure looks purdy ;'P . As far as what's left, a set of X.9 triggers will be making an appearance as well as a King headset. Rims will consist of DT 4.1D laced with DT Super comp's (sorry Larry for taking my sweet ass time getting back to yea). And the seat is a WTB Shadow V, as soon as I pull it off my road bike (kinda hated the old one). Oh yeah, and tires will most likely be Kenda Nevegal 2.1s.

Can't wait to get this thing in the dirt.

happy trails...

squish

·
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As it sits right at this moment something in the neighborhood of 20lbs 8oz or so, scale could be a little off too. Not to bad for an XL. Kinda hoping for something in the ballpark of 26-27lbs.

As far as the 200g front der. Yeah it's big and about 60g heavier than an XT but it sure looks cool, can't wait to see how it shifts. Any body out there using one that could shed some light on that.

happy trails...

squish

·
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rmac said:
Very nice - I see you have the steel chainring bolts too :) .
Well considering I'm like 220 lbs, I think I like the steel ones over the alloy bolts. That and they were shiny, they said Race Face on them and they came with the chain rings :p

·
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pete said:
All-time low in a forum that doesn't have much room for going lower.

798 demerits.
Ouch, looks like I have a little catching back up to do :confused: . I knew I should have gone with a heavier set of tires :p . Crap!!

happy trails...

squish

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.