Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Evil Jr.
6,859 Posts
They made an announcement about it at Mountainview yesterday too. :thumbsup:

No more long boring drives to Cleveland for me(although I'll miss the Saturday morning runs to the Farmer's Market)! :D

·
Registered
274 Posts
Will save me the trip to Cleveland this year. I have wanted to go for the past 2 yrs and never made it but TO is far enough for me so that will be perfect. What would be really perfect would be if it was open 24 hrs for us shift workers that have nothing to do in the middle of the night. Can't wait to hear the rest of the details.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Wow, I hope they can pull it off ok. Rumored to be in Markham according to the site, given the cost of rent, I'm sure it's going to be out there a bit.

I hope they have some sort of flow to the place, Ray's is a great template. Winter riding AND this would be hella fun :thumbsup:

·
humber river advocate
6,395 Posts
not just me lol, but a large portion of the riding community considering the number of bike parks popping up. oh, they do have spin bikes...

mtbmeister said:
Maybe to through some stunts, which we know you're keen on, but not so much for endurance training.

·
Ms. Monster
1,812 Posts
I've heard a little bit of the planning and it sounds AMAZING. If anyone can do it, and do it right, it's these guys. I LOVED Ray's. This has the potential to be even better. (And, you know, MUCH closer.)

What's killing me is that they keep adding little teasers to their website a couple of times a day. I'm going back constantly! Damn them!

·
Registered
443 Posts
I still feel a tremendous loyalty to Rays because he was the first and original and I consider him to be a friend. But this could do VERY well in TO. I'll definitely throw my support behind it.

But at the same time, I'll still make the trip to Rays a few times each winter too:)

Good luck to the guys doing this. They deserve all of our support.

·
Ms. Monster
1,812 Posts
I've been following progress on the website religiously. I loved Ray's, so if this can be anywhere near as good, I'll be so there every weekend.

Anyway, they're asking for input about the most important feature in a bike park. I'm divided! I think the skills lines were the most useful for me at Ray's. But I loved the pump track (a new discovery for me!). And the cross country loop was great for a good warmup... I don't really care about the jumps (though they were awesome to watch), but the foam pit was pretty cool. Thoughts?

·
Live Free or Ride!
604 Posts
Well what they need is too build alot of what will draw the crowds or the place won't survive. I thin a good pump track with dirst jumps, a good XC track with some tech stuff is the way too go. Me thinks Rays is a good start.

·
Registered
740 Posts
At Ray's I loved the skills lines (if we're talking about the same thing, where you drop in and have ~10 lines to choose, some being skinnies/teeters/rockgarden/etc). I was REALLY impressed with the flow @ Ray's, I was expecting somewhat of a chaotic scene with riders weaving around eachother in all directions but the way it was set up was perfect. I think the key to this type of park is being truly friendly to beginners and experts alike, a separate room for beginner's at Ray's went a long way in providing a place for beginners to get into it without feeling intimidated and also a great warm-up zone...I'm super stoked about this place!

1 - 20 of 120 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.