1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a Cosmic Orange El Ciclon :)

Hardest bit was choosing the colour !

Oh and the wait for it !

thanks to Alan at Riverside cycles and all the kind folk on here for advice - especially Joe for the pictures of his - sorry to order the same :)

Now then, what headset for an El Ciclon.....

·
The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
3,818 Posts
justa said:
Ordered a Cosmic Orange El Ciclon :)

Hardest bit was choosing the colour !

Oh and the wait for it !

thanks to Alan at Riverside cycles and all the kind folk on here for advice - especially Joe for the pictures of his - sorry to order the same :)

Now then, what headset for an El Ciclon.....
Here is a picture of my Army Green El Ciclon................:D

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cheers

too long !!

being made next Monday - hopefully shipped to the UK on Thursday - and then in the post from Riverside Cycles to me !!

Build ?

07 Vanillas
Thomson post & stem
Easton Monkeylites
Juicy Carbons
717's on Hope Pro II's
Schwalbe Nobby Nics
Spesh Alias saddle
X.0 or 07 XTR - can't decide :)

The wait is going to kill me :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
How long

Yeah they told me about two weeks roughly Febuary 5th maybe sooner. They are working on CIclon's this week.
So far no snow on the East Coast hopefully it remains that way.

I had a Titus Switchblade this is the replacment taking my old stuff over.
SRAM X.O/Shimano XTR cranks and front derailleur.
Wheels DT Swiss 4.1D/240 disc
King Headset
Thompson Post

Brakes and fork I would like to replace from Marzocchi Marathon SL to Marzocchi XC 700SL and brakes from older Hayes to Magura SL.

I'm a XC geek can't help it every gram counts.

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
justa said:
cheers

too long !!

being made next Monday - hopefully shipped to the UK on Thursday - and then in the post from Riverside Cycles to me !!

Build ?

07 Vanillas
Thomson post & stem
Easton Monkeylites
Juicy Carbons
717's on Hope Pro II's
Schwalbe Nobby Nics
Spesh Alias saddle
X.0 or 07 XTR - can't decide :)

The wait is going to kill me :)
The build sounds sweet! Congrats again! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I reckon medium cage mechs are fine for 3x9 set-ups so long as you don't ask the drivetrain to use all 27 gears - they don't like that. they have the benefit of giving just a little more ground clearance too - useful in rocky areas

·
Registered
816 Posts
justa said:
cheers jon - it looks like a medium one ?

would that be ok for running 3 rings up front ?
I use a medium-cage X0 on my Salty with 3 rings. I can shift into all gears without it blowing up, but I wouldn't want to try to use the big-big combo. You just need to be careful setting the chain length - and if it's a full suspension bike, make sure there is enough slack for shock travel, too.

·
err, 27.5+
4,928 Posts
Congrats :thumbsup: Can't go wrong with cosmic orange. Only downside I can think of is that if you outfit it with Chris King mango parts you can't easily swap those parts onto other color frames. Okay, other than black or gray ;)

Post up some pictures of your baby when it comes in :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.