Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just wanted to say that it was a pleasure helping you guys and that I was let go today by IH. Essentially, anything I've said here about having parts in stock for DW link bikes is pretty much void as I can't guarantee anything anymore. Lets just say their in dire straights if they can't afford my salary so they most likely won't be able to get parts for most of these bikes for a while, or warranty parts in general. Anyway, it was nice helping you guys where I could. I'm most likely getting out of the industry, or at least taking a break from it. IH left such a bad taste in my mouth I'm not even capable of looking at a bike without shaking my head.

Good Luck with your bike!

-Carl
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
IH is completely done!! Letting go of there best employee is proof there in serious trouble.. Carl Thank you for all your help on this forum but DO NOT let this get you down your an Extremely knowledgeable person and the bike industry would be happy to have you working for them..

My MKIII is going up for sale I was looking at getting an IH cross country bike for next season but this just sealed the deal on not buying IH and getting ride of my current bike. I for one like great customer support and someone who knows what there talking about well that just went right out the window.. :bluefrown:
 

·
Derailleurless
Joined
·
9,122 Posts
Criminy! Carl, best of luck to you. This is simply amazing, IH purposely shooting themselves in both feet, then stringing a rope around their neck but swallowing a cyanide pill before kicking over the stool.

My wife's '05 Azure frame is boxed up but tucked away in storage awaiting some free time to sell it. At this rate, I'll get Wall*Mart bike prices for it on eBay. Nutz.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
This is awful. Carl, I just recently joined the forums and was able to benefit from only a little bit of your insight and expertise, but it was very much appreciated. Best of luck to you and I hope you find a much better place to work. Thanks again!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Wow...this is really messed up. Sorry, Carl! But I am optimistic that other companies will fight for you, so good luck with everything!
 

·
Tire Geek O_o
Joined
·
1,027 Posts
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

This makes me even more insecure on buying the two 6ps that I needed for Xmas, unless RSCycles comes out with a very very very good price, since I´d have to buy extra pivots (just in case).

:madmax:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
To RS cycles

With the discounts that are going on, I was pretty excited about ordering an MKIII. The bike always had great reviews, and with the prices around 2grand for the best equipped one... it doesn't seem to have an equal. Seeing the comments here is concerning.

Any official response from RS?

Sorry to hear about it to the guy who lost his job, I saw that you were very helpful in this forumn and going "above and beyond" with customer service. Seemed clear from here anyway. But... you were very positive about IH before they let you go, so...

Something is missing...
 

·
Supreme Enchilada
Joined
·
87 Posts
WellSprung said:
Sorry to hear about it to the guy who lost his job, I saw that you were very helpful in this forumn and going "above and beyond" with customer service. Seemed clear from here anyway. But... you were very positive about IH before they let you go, so...

Something is missing...
Not really anything missing. Having contact with the public(sales, marketing, cs, etc) you need to be wearing your company hat regardless of your personal opinions of the company/management. Your lively hood depends on the success of the company so it's in your best interest to portray a positive image. I assume Carl was simply doing his job by portraying a positive attitude to us the consumers.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
16,457 Posts
Mike_socal said:
Not really anything missing. Having contact with the public(sales, marketing, cs, etc) you need to be wearing your company hat regardless of your personal opinions of the company/management. Your lively hood depends on the success of the company so it's in your best interest to portray a positive image. I assume Carl was simply doing his job by portraying a positive attitude to us the consumers.
Well, I understand the "missing" part, as Carl was assuring everyone that the company is doing great and parts will be available for years to come. Now that he was canned, he instantly changed the story about the availability.

What's missing is if he's slagging the company due to being a disgruntled former employee and obviously not seeing this coming, or if he was lying about the availability all along. There's only two options here, one makes IH look good and him bad, one makes both look bad.

FWIW, many here, like myself, have heard the stories coming from within that building on that side of the country. This kind of stuff is no surprise to those from that area, and those that know or ride with those people. They can easily hire new people, as labor is plentiful and they can hire for less money.

Everyone is expendable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jerk_Chicken said:
Well, I understand the "missing" part, as Carl was assuring everyone that the company is doing great and parts will be available for years to come. Now that he was canned, he instantly changed the story about the availability.

What's missing is if he's slagging the company due to being a disgruntled former employee and obviously not seeing this coming, or if he was lying about the availability all along. There's only two options here, one makes IH look good and him bad, one makes both look bad.

FWIW, many here, like myself, have heard the stories coming from within that building on that side of the country. This kind of stuff is no surprise to those from that area, and those that know or ride with those people. They can easily hire new people, as labor is plentiful and they can hire for less money.

Everyone is expendable.
I never said the company was doing great, just that we had in stock and were ordering more parts for the DW link bikes. They still have good stock on pivot kits for the newer 07/08 stuff, not so much on the 05/06 stuff (Sunday's and MKIII's). I was responsible for making up the parts orders for next season and now that I'm not there I can't exactly guarantee they'll be ordered. With the minimum quantities that order would have come to just about a year of my salary so if they can't afford me then I doubt they'll order the parts.
 
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Top