Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a beautiful custom Titus X100 that I haven't touched in 3 weeks. I just don't want to ride 26" wheels anymore. I don't understand, I love that Titus, but I'm seriously thinking about selling the frame, fork, and shock,and ordering a Strong or Stickel steel geared 29er hardtail for the mountains. I must say that I was warned that this might happen.
c

·
Angry bunny
4,948 Posts
carter1 said:
I have a beautiful custom Titus X100 that I haven't touched in 3 weeks. I just don't want to ride 26" wheels anymore. I don't understand, I love that Titus, but I'm seriously thinking about selling the frame, fork, and shock,and ordering a Strong or Stickel steel geared 29er hardtail for the mountains. I must say that I was warned that this might happen.
c
Sold my blinged out Superlight for the same reason.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Variety is the Spice of Life.

I too have a SS 29er and a FS 26er. I love them both for different reasons, not to mention different seasons. For long epic rides in the mountains - I have to choose the 26er - big, No - Huge, comfort factor. However for ripping through the Front Range or Buffalo Creek I'll choose the 29er, and sometimes when I'm feeling real naughty I'll take the CX bike :thumbsup:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went to Frank's Cyclery's (my LBS) Titus Demo day on Saturday and rode a Ti Racer X 29er. It was awesome, I'm just seeing the need for FS anymore-even for my 45 year old back!
c

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.