Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Tim F. said:
Do they come in a 44 tooth size. Looking for something larger than a 40 Tooth.
For what??

the world DH MTB champion runs either a 36 or a 34 up front....are you pedaling your MTB down a 20% grade paved road?

E-13 makes a bash for a 44 tooth FYI

·
Bum Buzzer
1,992 Posts
wrecked 2 o' those, then 2 ring gods - all my E13 bashes are still functional (although the big one is gnarly - still solid!)

Alu is past its day for bashes..

Altho it is a pretty one! (Wont be if you actually bash it!)

·
7am Backcountry ;- )
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was surprised how thick this bash is - was expecting quite a thin design.

For alu its certainly a solid piece of kit! I was debating this and an E13 but a friend trashed his by using the wrong lube on his chain and it cracked :(

Think its about 135grams it feels really light.

The shiny edge is that polished i'm gonna be gliding over rocks and logs :)

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
davep said:
For what??

the world DH MTB champion runs either a 36 or a 34 up front....are you pedaling your MTB down a 20% grade paved road?

E-13 makes a bash for a 44 tooth FYI
Looking to replace the bash gaurd on my MRP. Would be nice if it matched to same size as the innerplate. Just considering my options, in case I can't get a new MRP outerplate, or maybe something more beefier.

FYI, I don't give a RAT'S AZZ what the DH MTB champion runs. Gears are an individual type thing. Some people are spinners, some are not.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Imperial said:
I fully understand where your coming from,i run a 40t ring,im thinking of going larger as i can only pedal up to about 35mph,i need to still be able to pedal at 40mph+
Right on! Same thing here, lots of times were I spin out, and wish I had a few more teeth up front, and still not using up the top most gears in the back, on the slower technical stuff. Gonna try a 42 T, and also have a 44 tooth that coming as a triple Chain ringed pair of Saint cranks. Don't know if I'll ever use the 44 T, but I'll have it if I ever need it.

·
Brackish
1,855 Posts
No doubt, I was a lot lighter and alot faster. But I use, abuse and endorse the RF bashguards. I've had the same one for three years now and it's scratched. Nothing else. However, the eThirteen guards are just as good, my low BB DH bike has dealt some crazy hits to the Supercharger that came on it and except for a little flat spot and some scuffs it's going strong too. They both have a place: I like the RF bash for a trailbike because it's low-profile, strong and not much heavier than a steel chainring, and the eThirteen for any really nasty business.

·
7am Backcountry ;- )
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
He has used Finish line XC, Purple extreme and white lightning.

Degreasers Golden Degreaser and MuccOff.

Not sure which of these caused it.

I like the fact with Alu I don't need to worry about this, will report back once I've been on a few rides see how it holds up :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.