Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not ever of course. By second bike I mean bike for city use.
Its a fat chance buckshaver with roughly equivalent geometry to my Nuke.
I think I will set it up as a 1 x 7 to start with and then eventually go singlespeed.

I am gonna need a 28 hole front hub. Preferably ringle in blue or 3dv. let me know if any of you have one.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,637 Posts
lucifer said:
Not ever of course. By second bike I mean bike for city use.
Its a fat chance buckshaver with roughly equivalent geometry to my Nuke.
I think I will set it up as a 1 x 7 to start with and then eventually go singlespeed.

I am gonna need a 28 hole front hub. Preferably ringle in blue or 3dv. let me know if any of you have one.
Nice! Welcome to steel frames buddy! :)

BTW, I scanned the MBAction 'Nuke Proof' Ti bike review...can your email account handle the large file size I'd send them in?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Believe it or not I have the august 1996 issue sitting right here.

The buck shaver is blue and brand spankin new as are all the parts that are included.
Got it with two forks
chris king headset
and syncros post and stem
for $675
I think I did ok

·
VRC Illuminati
17,637 Posts
lucifer said:
Believe it or not I have the august 1996 issue sitting right here.

The buck shaver is blue and brand spankin new as are all the parts that are included.
Got it with two forks
chris king headset
and syncros post and stem
for $675
I think I did ok
Sh!t yeah! Killer deal indeed. Post some pics when you can.

Guess I won't need to send you those scans then... :p

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I altered the deal a little before paying.
So now I am getting the
buck shaver frame
chris king headset
tange rigid fork
syncros post
and a new pair of nike mtn bike shoes all for $620 shipped.
I am pretty happy with that. I let him keep his rock shox jett xcs and the stem...

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gee I really love ebay

Well I should have a photo update in the next couple of days but here is the progress so far on parts aquisition... as if you cared.

Race Face turbine LPs NOS black 49.99 on ebay

XT short cage (RD-M735SS) rear derailleur NOS out of a bike shop in puerto rico 34.95 on ebay

Yellow and Black Max Flite saddle NOS 29.99 on ebay

Parts to build front wheel (all new)
ringle sun of bubba hub
wheelsmith DB spokes
alloy nips
mavic 231 rim
$67 for all front wheel parts combined.

I hadn't originally intended for this bike to be such a high end build but with deals this good who could resist?

·
VRC Illuminati
17,637 Posts
lucifer said:
Well I should have a photo update in the next couple of days but here is the progress so far on parts aquisition... as if you cared.

Race Face turbine LPs NOS black 49.99 on ebay

XT short cage (RD-M735SS) rear derailleur NOS out of a bike shop in puerto rico 34.95 on ebay

Yellow and Black Max Flite saddle NOS 29.99 on ebay

Parts to build front wheel (all new)
ringle sun of bubba hub
wheelsmith DB spokes
alloy nips
mavic 231 rim
$67 for all front wheel parts combined.

I hadn't originally intended for this bike to be such a high end build but with deals this good who could resist?
Looks like it's coming along well! I'm not so sure about that seat you picked up though! :D

·
artistic...
7,644 Posts
lucifer said:
Yeah luckily for me I like it that way. Makes for a nice light front end that still climbs well.
yup. i was green w/ envy when i saw this mint fat, in my size, in other hands than mine. congrats man. i've got a test on an english mag on the buck shaver. if you want, i could scan it and post.. i could do it over the week end. it has a tgange struts fork, w/ a similar design to the fat one inch.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Protorix said:
i need something like that
but not with a single chain ring, and I would prefer an old raceface turbine crankset
(or is it an old one and i just looks like a new crank?)
Well it is a new old stock RF LP forged turbine crankset. It is square taper and 94/58. The chainring is a syncros 32. Also new old stock.

Oh and just as an FYI to everyone the only sourcing mistake I made so far was that I should have gotten a 107 bb. The 110 is more clearance than I needed and I think the chainline would be better with the other.

The bike is to be a 1x7 cruiser initially then when I have the time and money I am going to single speed it with an eno rear hub.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.