Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ended up going with the Vertex after considering the Caldera from Kona and the 6700 from Trek. I ended up paying a little more but I think I have a better bike. Let me know what you guys think, I have 30 days to return it but Unless there I something really bad you guys are gonna reveal abotu it, I think im keeping it, just feels great.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Little Miffed

WelI rode it around last night in the neighborhood to get a little used to it and it feels great. The only issue I have is once I got home and looked around the net I saw it advertised ro 899. I paid 1199 and the LBS for it. I noticed other bikes were the regular prices so I assumed this was also. Do you guys think its just the online discount that I am seeing as opposed to it already being built and offered with a lifetime free tune ups or did I pay to much? Anyway let me know please as there is a 30 day credit policy where I can return it if I dont bang it up. I really like the bike but its kind of bitter sweet knowing I paid 300 more than online.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Cadiell said:
WelI rode it around last night in the neighborhood to get a little used to it and it feels great. The only issue I have is once I got home and looked around the net I saw it advertised ro 899. I paid 1199 and the LBS for it. I noticed other bikes were the regular prices so I assumed this was also. Do you guys think its just the online discount that I am seeing as opposed to it already being built and offered with a lifetime free tune ups or did I pay to much? Anyway let me know please as there is a 30 day credit policy where I can return it if I dont bang it up. I really like the bike but its kind of bitter sweet knowing I paid 300 more than online.
Doesn't hurt to head on down to the LBS and talk to them about it. I haven't been in a bike shop yet where they won't at least try and address concerns of pricing.

One question, when you saw it online advertised for 899, was that on the web sit of the LBS in question? Or was it elsewhere?

From what I recall, MSRP is USD$1199.00...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No it was actually on a site for a LBS in a different state. I just went to Rocky M website and went ofmr there since they seem to not price thier bikes. Their website says there is no MSRP and they allow dealers to price them as they wish.

Small update;
Took it to the trail today and it was awesome, the disc brakes will get some getting used to and I am still somehwhat skiddish of clipping in the cleets with both feet but that is my newbie-ness adn not the bike's fault. The tires seems to slip alot though, maybe I can talk em into new tires at least.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Cadiell said:
No it was actually on a site for a LBS in a different state. I just went to Rocky M website and went ofmr there since they seem to not price thier bikes. Their website says there is no MSRP and they allow dealers to price them as they wish.

Small update;
Took it to the trail today and it was awesome, the disc brakes will get some getting used to and I am still somehwhat skiddish of clipping in the cleets with both feet but that is my newbie-ness adn not the bike's fault. The tires seems to slip alot though, maybe I can talk em into new tires at least.
Perchance are the tires Hutchison Mosquitoes?

Sorry about the price thing, but there are probably factors involved in the difference of price.

·
Registered
430 Posts
my 2sense

I agree with others talk to bike shop, i bet they say U would have to pay for shipping (true)
also someone to put it together for U. Be kind go their with humbel attitude and maybe they will give U a small part back or free treads. Plus U now have a place that knows U and maybe on next bike they give U a better deal. Me I know the feeling so put it behind U and move on enjoy the bike. If they are mean to U don't go there anymore and let them know it.
Ride on

Cadiell said:
No it was actually on a site for a LBS in a different state. I just went to

Rocky M website and went ofmr there since they seem to not price thier bikes. Their website says there is no MSRP and they allow dealers to price them as they wish.

Small update;

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for the advice guys I'll head over there tomorrow. The tires are IRC Sera CXC. A buddy of mine that got his Cannondale 600 there last week had to leave his bike at my house and I just noticed his bike has the exact same tires, wonder if its a conicidence. Anywho do you guys know of what parts I should think of asking to upgrade if they offer me some credit back? I haven't noticed any problems with it except its a little noisy but I guess thats with all bikes. Also I havent found any info on the brakes anywhere Hayes Sole? Thank you again guys for all your posts.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Cadiell said:
Thank you for the advice guys I'll head over there tomorrow. The tires are IRC Sera CXC. A buddy of mine that got his Cannondale 600 there last week had to leave his bike at my house and I just noticed his bike has the exact same tires, wonder if its a conicidence. Anywho do you guys know of what parts I should think of asking to upgrade if they offer me some credit back? I haven't noticed any problems with it except its a little noisy but I guess thats with all bikes. Also I havent found any info on the brakes anywhere Hayes Sole? Thank you again guys for all your posts.
Well, both bikes are spec'd with the same tyres, so no biggy.

As far as other parts, I don't see anything that's wrong with the Components on that bike, actually, most of them seem pretty good. Maybe upgrade the Front Derailleur?

Yeah.... I got nothin'

:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.