Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big up + BIG down.
3k up for 7k of descent.
A bit of MTB history thrown in as well-the climb follows a portion of the Plumline 7500 race from WAY back in the day.
Start is just shy of 9k feet and the top is just over 11K feet.
High elevation double track gives way to the finest 5k descent of cow built singletrack that I have had the pleasure to ride.
Built by cows for cows, but super fun on a long travel FS bike. Steep, loose, and rocky singletrack. Cows appear to have an adequate, but no highly developed awareness of "flow".
If you're familiar with Bullet at Mammoth, think several thousand feet of lower Bullet type descending-without the lift access.
For fun, the clue to the location is in the title and the MTB history reference.

CY1.jpg
cy2.jpg cy3.jpg cy4.jpg cy5.jpg cy6.jpg cy7.jpg cy8.jpg cy9.jpg cy10.jpg

·
Registered
6,494 Posts
Looks like an awesome trail. I read somewhere that cows make perfect MTB trails because they won't ascend or descend over a certain gradient, like 6%. Hopefully you will clue us in on where this is.

·
Banned
1,889 Posts
When I ride trails that other mountain bikers don't know about here in California, I usually just keep it to myself.

(That's typically because mountain bikers know all the legal ones easily, especially in California-that and the internet isn't the best place for secrets.)

·
Registered
Pivot Switchblade 29er
554 Posts
Cool stuff! Last time I rode there was back in the late 90s as part of a White Mountain Peak in a day ride. I remember pedaling away from Laws at 3:15 AM for the endless climb up Silver Canyon and on up to White Mountain Peak (14,252'). It was a long memorable day on the bike. Felt so good to blast through those creek crossings on lower Silver Canyon after riding some 65 miles and who knows how many thousands of feet of elevation gain. Think I got back to my car at around 5:00 PM and it was still ninety something degrees in the valley. Keep saying I'm going to do it again someday...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts