Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking delivery on an '01 Moots YBB, nice. I was thinking of getting disc tabs welded on and was wondering if anyones ever done it on their ti frames.

I contacted Moots and they said $350 for the tabs, refinishing the frame included (which I dont need but I guess after welding it might look a bit heated). Yikes, too rich for my blood!

I'm trying to keep the bike light, so maybe V-brakes are the way to go anyhow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
myitch said:
Thanks for that tip. I never know this existed. i found one by a2z. i wonder though how well it would hold due to the tremendous torque produced from a disc brake.

anyone try these? http://www.jerseycycles.com/Product-Pages/A2ZProducts.html
I've been reading about them for a while. If you can find a decent picture of it installed, it should be clearer. It basically rotates around the axle and presses against the seat stay, so the braking force is applied to the frame. There are a couple of threads on here about it. Most people say it works pretty well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would just send the frame back to Moots and let them weld on a disc tab for you. Its expensive but worth it In my opinion. Also you won't be able to tell that any work was done to the frame when they are done with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.