Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
8,817 Posts
Have you thought about limiting the post to registered user with a period of lets say 6 months and at least 50 post to weed out people making accounts just to post ads.
If not this could become like Craigslist.
I came here to post something very similar. I agree, this should be reserved for the established member community, not the new guys who register just to post their crap for sale.
I'm already noticing post with it being the first post.
agreed on both counts.
I understand everyone's concern, but part of the reason this Forum was created and the Regular Classifieds were made free was to help drive new user traffic to the site. I am keeping an eye on things being posted here, but if you see something that seems like a scam, please report it so all the moderators are notified and we can keep things in check.

If you do not feel right buying from a new user, then only purchase from someone with larger post counts. For now there is no feedback system in place to rate sellers, though it is something I suggested to the Admins. This is still a work in progress and we appreciate your feedback!

- Klurejr

·
Registered
1 Posts
great!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cool, just one ? (Probably dumb question) Ok to post multiple items? Meaning 1 item per add? I've a couple of accessories I want to get rid off. Also how about free stuff? Ok that was 2 questions :) Thanks!
I also have a couple of accessories I want to get rid off.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I"m trying to post the description for my bike, but it just shows up blank. I've tried to put the description in the comments section, and it's giving me this error: "You did not fill in all the required fields."

Not really sure what's going on here. Here is a link to the ad:
2013 Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon - 27.5 wheels, size XS - Buy and Sell Mountain Bikes and Accessories

This is what I'm trying to post in the description. Why won't it post???

2013 Pivot Mach 5.7c - size XS - converted to a 27.5", 5.2" travel

This is a Pivot Mach 5.7 carbon bike, purchased new in 2013 and converted to a 27.5" in April 2015.
XT Build, 2x10 drivetrain, i9 wheels, Lev dropper

This bike has been well-ridden, well-loved, and well-taken care of. Has protective tape on it in high-friction areas. Cleaned and lubed after every 3-4 rides. Professionally tuned twice a year.

For geometry/info on the bike: Mach 5.7 Carbon - Pivot Cycles | Pivot Cycles | Performance Redefined

Size - XS, recommended for riders 4'11" - 5’5”
Shock - Fox Float CTD Kashima, factory rebuilt by Fox in 2015, converting it from 5.7" to 5.2" travel for the 27.5" wheelset conversion
Fork - Fox 32 Float 27.5 Kashima - 140 FIT CTD with Trail Adjust, black
Stem - Race Face Atlas 50mm
Handlebars - Easton EC70 Lo Rise Carbon Handlebar 31.8 x 720mm, black
Shifters - Shimano XT Rapidfire Plus SL-M780 Shifters Set - 2x10
Grips - Crank Brothers Cobalt Grip, Red
Seatpost - KS Lev Dropper, 30.9/335mm/100mm
Saddle - WTB Silverado Team (not in photo)
Cranks - Shimano XT Dyna-Sys FC-M785 10-Speed Double Crankset, Black, 170mm, 38/24 tooth
Bottom Bracket - Shimano XTR BB91-41A PressFit
Front Derailleur - Shimano XT FD-M781 - Black, 31.8/34.9
Rear Derailleur - Shimano XT Shadow Plus RD-M786, Long Cage
Chain - Shimano XT Dyna-Sys CN-HG94, 10-Speed
Cassette - Shimano XT Dyna-Sys CS-M771, 11-36
Brakes - Shimano XT M785 Hydraulic Disc
Rotors - Shimano Ice Tech XT SM-RT86 Rotor, 160mm, 6-Bolt
Wheelset - Industry Nine Torch Trail 27.5", Black, 15/12X142, 24 Hole
Tires - Maxxis Minion DHR II 2.3 front, Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25 in the rear
Pedals - none, will throw in some SPDs

$2900. Buyer pays shipping within the US.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Figured it out - apparently I had smart/curly quotes in the text - so it was giving me an error.

I"m trying to post the description for my bike, but it just shows up blank. I've tried to put the description in the comments section, and it's giving me this error: "You did not fill in all the required fields."

Not really sure what's going on here. Here is a link to the ad:
2013 Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon - 27.5 wheels, size XS - Buy and Sell Mountain Bikes and Accessories

This is what I'm trying to post in the description. Why won't it post???

2013 Pivot Mach 5.7c - size XS - converted to a 27.5", 5.2" travel

This is a Pivot Mach 5.7 carbon bike, purchased new in 2013 and converted to a 27.5" in April 2015.
XT Build, 2x10 drivetrain, i9 wheels, Lev dropper

This bike has been well-ridden, well-loved, and well-taken care of. Has protective tape on it in high-friction areas. Cleaned and lubed after every 3-4 rides. Professionally tuned twice a year.

For geometry/info on the bike: Mach 5.7 Carbon - Pivot Cycles | Pivot Cycles | Performance Redefined

Size - XS, recommended for riders 4'11" - 5’5”
Shock - Fox Float CTD Kashima, factory rebuilt by Fox in 2015, converting it from 5.7" to 5.2" travel for the 27.5" wheelset conversion
Fork - Fox 32 Float 27.5 Kashima - 140 FIT CTD with Trail Adjust, black
Stem - Race Face Atlas 50mm
Handlebars - Easton EC70 Lo Rise Carbon Handlebar 31.8 x 720mm, black
Shifters - Shimano XT Rapidfire Plus SL-M780 Shifters Set - 2x10
Grips - Crank Brothers Cobalt Grip, Red
Seatpost - KS Lev Dropper, 30.9/335mm/100mm
Saddle - WTB Silverado Team (not in photo)
Cranks - Shimano XT Dyna-Sys FC-M785 10-Speed Double Crankset, Black, 170mm, 38/24 tooth
Bottom Bracket - Shimano XTR BB91-41A PressFit
Front Derailleur - Shimano XT FD-M781 - Black, 31.8/34.9
Rear Derailleur - Shimano XT Shadow Plus RD-M786, Long Cage
Chain - Shimano XT Dyna-Sys CN-HG94, 10-Speed
Cassette - Shimano XT Dyna-Sys CS-M771, 11-36
Brakes - Shimano XT M785 Hydraulic Disc
Rotors - Shimano Ice Tech XT SM-RT86 Rotor, 160mm, 6-Bolt
Wheelset - Industry Nine Torch Trail 27.5", Black, 15/12X142, 24 Hole
Tires - Maxxis Minion DHR II 2.3 front, Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25 in the rear
Pedals - none, will throw in some SPDs

$2900. Buyer pays shipping within the US.

·
Registered
71 Posts
How do I delete an ad? I have looked for an edit or delete ad but do not see it anywhere. I have seen some ads with a SOLD inserted in the title but I can't seem to be able to do that either. I must be missing something. Thanks for the help.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
8,817 Posts
How do I delete an ad? I have looked for an edit or delete ad but do not see it anywhere. I have seen some ads with a SOLD inserted in the title but I can't seem to be able to do that either. I must be missing something. Thanks for the help.
You can use the report function on the first post and ask for the thread to be deleted, or if you post in the thread and say it has been sold I tend to lock them when I see that.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Question about retailers. I might become an ambassador for a startup bike retailer. What are the rules around this? Can I promote their business if someone is looking to buy a bike? i.e.... "so-and-so has this bike in stock and for a great price, I would highly recommended contacting them to see what they can do for you.". Is this allowed or would this be a breach of the rules?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts