Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
Hello All,

We are making some big changes to our Classifieds section and the biggest change is that placing ads is now FREE!

In addition, we have created this Classifieds specific forum for our registered members to post their ads. So you can post here or in the Classifieds section or both. One ad person, per item only (multiple posts of the same ad will get deleted and the member will be warned.)

In addition (and this is a big change to our current policy), you may post one (1) forum thread about your item for sale in an additional discussion, regional or manufacturer forum. However, if any forums get over-run with ads, we retain the right to revoke this privilege as we see fit.

Forum members posting items for sale are allowed to respond to questions or give updates on pricing or features, but they are NOT allowed to artificially "bump" their threads to the top of the forum.

All items for Sale must have a price. Please do not post "make me an offer" have a number in mind before you put the item for sale.

In addition, links to Craigslist, eBay or other MTB websites with classifieds will not be allowed.

Thank you. Feel free to post questions here.

-gregg

------

Due to the high volume of Spam attacks on this site, MTBR enforces auto-moderation on all new users who make a post with Links to other websites and links to pictures. If you post an ad here and include those things and have less than 10 posts on this website you may not see it appear for a few hours. This is normal.

PLEASE DO NOT POST IT MULTIPLE TIMES. A moderator will review the posting and approve it as soon as possible.

- - - - - - TIPS FOR NEW SELLERS - - - - - -

If you are not sure how to price your Bike, Components or other Gear, here are a few tools and resources.
Bike Pedia - Find what it cost when brand new Bike Pedia
Bicycle Blue Book - Find out what estimated used values are BicycleBlueBook
Recommendations on the MTBR Forums MTBR Thread
Also from personal experience I find it helps to search out the item you have for sale on places like eBay and Craigslist to see what the average selling price is.
NOTE: just because it is listed for a certain price does not mean it will sell for that price. Prices can also vary depending on your location and the time of year.

Thanks for coming and best wishes with your Sales!

- Klurejr

UPDATE:
It is helpful to start your posting title with a prefix to better help users browsing to know what you are doing. I recently read a post in which the poster is looking to buy something, but just browsing the list would never tell a reader that. Some users already do this, but the following Prefixes work very well:
  • FS - For Sale
  • WTB - Want to Buy
  • FT - For Trade
  • FS/FT - for sale or trade

·
Wanna ride bikes?
8,424 Posts
after three days I'm the first one to post. i'm not sure the message is getting out there. are there any plans to move it some place that will get more attention?

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, you are correct! We are in a "soft lauch" phase right now. We are trying to get the bugs worked out and then we will promo much heavier this Wednesday.

-g

·
Wanna ride bikes?
8,424 Posts
sweet.

"good talk, see ya out there."

·
Bikesexual
7,568 Posts
Cool, just one ? (Probably dumb question) Ok to post multiple items? Meaning 1 item per add? I've a couple of accessories I want to get rid off. Also how about free stuff? Ok that was 2 questions :) Thanks!

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, okay to post multiple items, 1 per item.

And yes ,okay for free stuff. Buy, sell, trade, free.

All good questions.

Also, Job Listings are also okay, best to put the location in the thread title.

-g

·
RIP Friendgirl
462 Posts
Is the "My Watchlist" feature still available? Not seeing it since the change.

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good point! It is still there, but we "mistakenly" removed the link to it.

We will put it back.

-g

·
I Ride Bikes
1,755 Posts
I have a CK hub for sale. I made an ad for it. If I understand the rules correctly, may I make a new thread in a discussion forum to help advertise it?

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
8,266 Posts
I have a CK hub for sale. I made an ad for it. If I understand the rules correctly, may I make a new thread in a discussion forum to help advertise it?
Yes, you can either place just a classified ad

or you can just post a for sale thread

or you can do both.

I hope that helps.

·
b a n n e d
6,213 Posts
So just to clarify, can I make one post that lists multiple items? It's not totally clear here . . . basically, I'm cleaning out the parts bin, have one photo, and will list the contents with a price for each item. Dis' cool? Otherwise, I'm going to create about 20 threads with the same photo, over, and over.

·
Crash Dummy In Training
1,432 Posts
Have you thought about limiting the post to registered user with a period of lets say 6 months and at least 50 post to weed out people making accounts just to post ads.
If not this could become like Craigslist.

·
b a n n e d
6,213 Posts
Have you thought about limiting the post to registered user with a period of lets say 6 months and at least 50 post to weed out people making accounts just to post ads.
I came here to post something very similar. I agree, this should be reserved for the established member community, not the new guys who register just to post their crap for sale.

·
Crash Dummy In Training
1,432 Posts
I'm already noticing post with it being the first post.

N

·
0 Posts
I came here to post something very similar. I agree, this should be reserved for the established member community, not the new guys who register just to post their crap for sale.
agreed on both counts.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts