Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
4,354 Posts
Thot I recognized that place — so unique & Oregonesque. I love it. Gotta hit the NUT again this year & introduce Cyn to it. I wonder if the big bridge on D&T is still passable.
=sParty
I'd heard that there were some difficult to pass places with high potential for unplanned swimming. I'd do some scouting or get good intel before bringing Cyn along.

·
Professional Crastinator
6,118 Posts
ALL of these rides were very fun. (y)

I rode over about 20 logs to get here. There is no trail.

Vague trail here, but nothin' for scenery

River bottom. No trail, but there was pizza!

PA ~2000. You could only do this with skinny bars.

PA also. Yep, there's a line there.

The trail is wet.

-F

·
Registered
977 Posts
From the other week:

this is actually one of our newer very rideable trails. Ill try get more jungly pics sometime

·
well mannered lout
3,100 Posts
A couple years ago the caterpillars devastated the canopy and the undergrowth took off. This is on the stage coach road I use to access my mountain bike trails on my property in CT. The forest never totally recovered so I have to cut back the ferns once or twice every year now.

IMG_0670.JPG

·
well mannered lout
3,100 Posts
Rhododendron tunnels trails. It'll feel like a jungle when the warm weather settles in.
IMG_3766.JPG

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
4,354 Posts
Don't slip on that one! Yikes
Slightly difference crossing, different year, same creek.

Second picture is the DIY trailside modification to cross it.

I waded across the river a few hundred yards downstream. It was less turbulent, but these two were a bit intimidated by the idea of crossing a chest high creek with a bike over their heads.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
No actual jungle in my vicinity as technically I live in a high desert, but the mountain ranges out my backdoor have a cool microclimate that is similar to the Pacific Northwest at least.

The trail I’m standing on in the second picture largely follows the same pitch as the stream; waterfall included. 🤘

·
No known cure
4,250 Posts
I live in an alpine forest, have lived in the PNW rain forest and southwest desert, but have only rode in a jungle once.

·
Professional Crastinator
6,118 Posts
Finishing the day at Pinecrest early in the year can be... a bit of a butt clincher.
View attachment 1925772
I am surprised none of those logs have been washed out.

I recently revisited the entrance to the creek in my 2nd-last pic, and you can't go that way any more. Piles of trees/logs brought from upstream.

-F

21 - 40 of 48 Posts