Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
V-Shaped Rut
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I converted my intense tracer to 1x9 last night and decided I needed to tackle some of the steepest trails in the area. These are the cowboy trails, there have been numerous photos and ride reports here.

Its about a 7 mile climb to the top/overlook of the cowboy trails. And then on the way down there is an infamous 'experts only' downhill trail known as boneshaker. I'd actually never been on it despite riding in vegas for 4 years or so now.

I started out innocently enough. Some fun visible if a little loose downhill. Then the drops began. Small at first, small enough that an XC weenie on a 4" travel bike like me could take them. Then bigger and more numerous. I rolled a few alternate lines. For the first time I really understood why someone would need a long travel bike, full face helmet, compression vest, etc..... Near the bottom it was downright terrifying. Huge drops, super sketchy landings, just wow! Anyone who can ride this whole trail just has balls, skill and a little bit (or a lot!) or crazy in them.

Of course the required pics....

Attachments

·
Registered
12,898 Posts
big_slacker said:
LOL! Like a robot!

I need a lot more 1 and 2 foot drops before I do 10-12 feet or whatever the one in my pic works out to.
LOL. Yep. No yawning there. I think that was one of the first "big drops" I ever did (I think it works out to all of 3ft :rolleyes:.... four maybe if you count where you land) and I look pretty stiff, no doubt.

Great pics Slacker. I need to get back to Vegas. My new bike is calling out for the Boneshaker. There's still one drop (about a 6 footer) that I haven't done yet that has its name all over it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.