Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Token Hillbilly
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took these at Syllamo a couple of months back... sorry so late in posting them up. :(

Start of a beautiful day...

At the trailhead...

A buddy of mine whipping through the trees...

Me in the front...

Warm fuzzies...

The area suffered a tornado earlier in the year that tore apart nearby Mountain View, and threw a few trees in our path...

Talkin' a breather...

More warm fuzzies...

I miss warm weather :(

Least favorite part of the trail... the end.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great pics, Look forward to riding this trail come spring. I have heard a lot of good things about it.

If you like that one you should look into Lake Leatherwood also, it may be within driving distance for you.

·
Token Hillbilly
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TreeTalker said:
Great pics, Look forward to riding this trail come spring. I have heard a lot of good things about it.

If you like that one you should look into Lake Leatherwood also, it may be within driving distance for you.
Thanks! You will have a blast there. It offers a lot of varied riding, and plenty to explore.

I definitely will. Eureka Springs is definitely within my driving range. :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
You will love the trails there. A group of us are heading up to Eureka Springs next week for a few days of riding if the weather lets us. Feel free to join us if you have time. We will be there from Tuesday thru Thursday. Let us know and we can meet you in the parking area by the lake. Hotels are cheap right now due to the off season. You can get rooms for $35 a night or less. Share a room and it beat the hell out of a tent and it's almost as cheap.

When you do go make sure you ride Miners Rock trail. I have to say it was the most fun for us. Make sure you ride it clockwise, start by the ball fields on that trial. Get a map at the little store by the lake when you get there. The map is great, and all the trails are marked REALLY well.

Have fun.

·
Token Hillbilly
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TreeTalker said:
You will love the trails there. A group of us are heading up to Eureka Springs next week for a few days of riding if the weather lets us. Feel free to join us if you have time. We will be there from Tuesday thru Thursday. Let us know and we can meet you in the parking area by the lake. Hotels are cheap right now due to the off season. You can get rooms for $35 a night or less. Share a room and it beat the hell out of a tent and it's almost as cheap.

When you do go make sure you ride Miners Rock trail. I have to say it was the most fun for us. Make sure you ride it clockwise, start by the ball fields on that trial. Get a map at the little store by the lake when you get there. The map is great, and all the trails are marked REALLY well.

Have fun.
Appreciate the invite and info, but I will have to work every day but New Year's next week. :(

I will make sure to give you a yell when we make the trek out there though!

·
Token Hillbilly
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ArmySlowRdr said:
suhweeeeet! I miss the Army--I am not getting to go riding neat places no where nearly enough now that I have a real jorb.

sometime between now and May I have two weeks vacation to use or lose. Mayb Syllamo should be a candidate for March. It's not all that far from here...hmmm...
I would recommend it as it has a lot to offer not just in biking, but camping/outdoorsy stuff in general. Here's a couple of links that offer some great info...

http://imba.com/epics/syllamo_trails.html

http://www.syllamo.com/

Consequently, I am planning an epic ride weekend out there sometime in spring myself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.