Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,583 Posts
Impressive. Wonder what herd they wandered away from?

What would you rather meet face to face on the trail? A bear with cubs, a hungry mountain lion or a pissed off Moose?

·
Registered
9,583 Posts
Imaging meeting this on the trail. Yikes :eek::eekster::yikes:

Hey, with this post my Rep Power is back to 14. I can go to sleep tonight a contented man. All it took was pics of my neighbor's doggie. Whodthunkit?

·
t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know. I am so mean and horrible. How selfish of me to want people to help make some great trails. I think I'll go have one of those pity beers I brought back from the least coast.

All in fun all in fun! your a good man Schnauzers! :thumbsup: We just need to work on trail building promotions! Like say the swedish bikini team swingin a pulaski- or running a chainsaw in chaps and helmet (the required gear only!) ;)

·
Oh, So Interesting!
5,872 Posts
I knew it was moose before I opened the thread. They are spreading throughout CO. Not sure this is a good thing as I'd rather not be trampled.

Does anyone know if they are native? I heard a herd was introduced around Granby in the mid 70's and I assume all the "new" moose sightings are a result of that herd growing and expanding... I also assume they have no natural predators, guess we better introduce wolves. :D

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
I knew it was moose before I opened the thread. They are spreading throughout CO. Not sure this is a good thing as I'd rather not be trampled.

Does anyone know if they are native? I heard a herd was introduced around Granby in the mid 70's and I assume all the "new" moose sightings are a result of that herd growing and expanding... I also assume they have no natural predators, guess we better introduce wolves. :D
Wolves and Grizzly bears would be the best bet to control them suckers, (A mountain lion would never tackle one of those bad boys)

They first introduced them around Walden in North Park but I'm not sure if there were other locations or not. Not 100% sure but I think they are historically native.

·
I think I can.
1,242 Posts
What do ya mean Wolves

That's enough meat to feed a family of 4 for a year, what do ya say we open up a little more hunting to control numbers, it has worked worked very well up to know.

On a brighter note sure love all the work in BC:thumbsup:

·
Your bike is incorrigible
3,179 Posts
How fast do you pedal up Baldy?

Now imagine if you were being chased by an enraged moose!

They put them there as incentive to get our lazy butts pedaling faster. (Of course, it will do me no good, so I should just stick to Cherry Creek bike path.)

·
Registered
580 Posts
How fast do you pedal up Baldy?

Now imagine if you were being chased by an enraged moose!

They put them there as incentive to get our lazy butts pedaling faster. (Of course, it will do me no good, so I should just stick to Cherry Creek bike path.)
LOL -- A moose charged me earlier this year in Ned on 3551 on my way up to school bus and I made the climb in record time. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.