Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find that when I bike up a serious hill and am really struggling to make a pedal revolution and am struggling to maintain balance, I let out a grunt/shout. I find that my body does this instinctively, and somehow it reallyyyy helps to give me a burst of energy to get past that tiny impasse. I find that the same happens when i run uphill.

It sounds weird i guess, and ive never heard anyone else do it. Anyone else know what im talking about?

·
Content from my avatar
4,355 Posts
It's the same concept with any heavy weight-lifting and stuff like that. Shouting releases the air from your lungs, so there's no pressure inside you to drop your intestines into your balls and give you a hernia. So that allows you to push yourself that much harder, often without realizing it.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
When I'm riding something hairy or struggling with a climb, I have to remember to breathe! If I screw up and have to stop, that's when I yell. :incazzato:

·
T.W.O.
8,168 Posts
Gasp4Air said:
When I'm riding something hairy or struggling with a climb, I have to remember to breathe! If I screw up and have to stop, that's when I yell. :incazzato:
+1, I used to miss a lot of tech climb because I hold my breath got tense, as I relax more and remember to breath normally I start cleaning the climb more. As for the grunt, when you get older you involuntary grunt at almost every thing you do on the bike:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.