Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to ride today and noticed my forks felt locked out. I checked the adjuster and it was fine. Checked the air level and it was fine, but there was no rebound damping and when I pushed down on the fork it bottomed out after about 1" and then stayed there.
I can manually pull the fork up about 1" and then it drops/bottoms as soon as I put any weight on it.
There was no crash, no loud noise, nothing.
Any ideas?
Thanks for any help.

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
14,607 Posts
bc11 said:
I went to ride today and noticed my forks felt locked out. I checked the adjuster and it was fine. Checked the air level and it was fine, but there was no rebound damping and when I pushed down on the fork it bottomed out after about 1" and then stayed there.
I can manually pull the fork up about 1" and then it drops/bottoms as soon as I put any weight on it.
There was no crash, no loud noise, nothing.
Any ideas?
Thanks for any help.
Happened to me after about 4 months use. I shipped it back to Manitou under warranty. They fixed it and sent it back, explaining a spring broke.

Meanwhile I purchased a Fox. My "new" Manitou-repaired fork is still in the box in which it was returned to me.

Hope yours is still under warranty.

--sParty

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dang, no warranty on mine. I'll see if I can take it apart and see what's what.
Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Whatever you do, be careful take your time and read the info from the Manitou site. Also take a look at this video, it's on their DJ fork, but they're all basically the same.

http://www.pinkbike.com/v/180300

1 - 5 of 5 Posts