Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this HT new, now 3,700 kms(a big part is pedaling to the trails and back, i do not have a car) in 5 months.
It was well adjusted early june i was satisfied than after 3 weeks the air went suddently from 60PSI to 20 i have no clue why. Again it was fine for allmost 7 weeks and this morning same situation. After adjusting to 60 i had 3 hours of riding like that never happened.
Does it need a maintenance? Doing what?
I weight 130 pounds, ride relax.
It is 120 mm SR Suntour Raidon XC-RL-R 27.5 Air 15QLC2 RemoteLockout

·
Registered
10,053 Posts
You're riding one day, and then the next day the fork is mush?

Or are you hooking up the pump and finding the pressure much lower? If its that, I bet your pump is leaking. If its the first, you probably need to replace the orings on the air piston, which is a fairly easy job with basic hand tools.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're riding one day, and then the next day the fork is mush?

Or are you hooking up the pump and finding the pressure much lower? If its that, I bet your pump is leaking. If its the first, you probably need to replace the orings on the air piston, which is a fairly easy job with basic hand tools.
The 2 times i ride my bike, all is fine than oops weird feeling, bad noise for no reason just like if i rode over lots of broken glass looking at the sky i have a flat but not on my tire, on my fork. I stop, look at it, it is way low like it aged an 100 year in 3 seconds. So i get back to avoid any damage. First time i was on my way out close to the streets, yesterday about 2 minutes into my ride, i simply turned back. Had my ride later after fixing my flat fork. I never read that kind of issue so i have no clue what is happening. I ride alone, not a prank from a budy. First time i tought maybe a branch touched something but yesterday the trail was wide enough so i cannot explain that i had a good ride later. It worked fine except those 2 short episodes.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I bought this HT new, now 3,700 kms(a big part is pedaling to the trails and back, i do not have a car) in 5 months.
It was well adjusted early june i was satisfied than after 3 weeks the air went suddently from 60PSI to 20 i have no clue why. Again it was fine for allmost 7 weeks and this morning same situation. After adjusting to 60 i had 3 hours of riding like that never happened.
Does it need a maintenance? Doing what?
I weight 130 pounds, ride relax.
It is 120 mm SR Suntour Raidon XC-RL-R 27.5 Air 15QLC2 RemoteLockout
It has shitty u-seal on air piston. Change it for thicker o-ring and you good to go :)

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if it has 32mm stanchion, get oring 5x18 mm. Its on the tight side but works flawlessy. Maybe little stick effect before first cycle but nothing wrong then.
Yup 32. It is a well built bike. Maybe because i bought it dec 2018, being unsold, it was a 2017, that gave it time to dry. I looked it, is not an 800$ fork but not a cheap one either.

·
Registered
751 Posts
My wife has epicon. Generally its raidon, but with rebuildable damper. I made some changes:
- oring on air spring piston
- holes in air side lower stanchion plug for better air/bath oil flow
- softer nagative spring (shes under 60kg)
- foams under dust seals
- added bath oil
- checked oil level in damper
After that its very good fork.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.