Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
boing
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buying a 2010 Thread or SR and it would really help if I had a weight chart on these bikes. My stock aluminum 24" Haro BMX cruiser has been a great bike. I have gone huge to flat (massive over-shot with ten feet of vertical air) and cleared all sorts of big doubles and NOTHING has broken. Part of that is due to my ex-BMX racer smoothness but big props is due to Haro for making such awesome bikes.

Thanks.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I rode a Steel Reserve 1 at Crankworx for most of the day on Saturday (BIG Thanks to the Demo crew!!!!). Would take one in a heartbeat, simply awesome bike.
I love Haro mtn. bikes but they seem underappreciated around here (CO). Guess on the plus side it makes them cheap buying used ones.

·
boing
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Supplication

Thanks for the replies! I'll peep Pink Bike for more weights but I am still hoping that the super cool Haro rep that posts here will give us the approx weights of all of the Haro 26" bikes. I saw a complete chart that she had posted in this forum for some older models.

PS-I take back everything that I said about ex-BMX racer smoothness; a vengeful god might be listening and I don't want to get spanked! ;)

·
boing
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for that kindly offer, DHJ! Okay, so I am operating on the assumption that the Thread 1.1 is the lightest Haro DJ bike. If this is true then I could roughly extrapolate the approx. weights of the other Threads. Plus, I think I want the rigid Thread, anyway. I was also wondering if the front hub on the 1.1 will except a disc rotor. I was also wondering if the adjustable drop-outs have been improved; it seems like a couple of years ago there were some problems with those. Please correct me if I am mistaken on that point.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi Jill I´m interested in the weight for the Shift R5 and the R3, and I´m a little bit confused on the specs cause the Haro website states that the R5 has a Shimano XT Shadow rear derailleur, and the on the list of components it says: Derailleur Rear Sram X.9. :confused:

I´m gonna be buying either bike in about one month cause a friend of mine with a bike shop is gonna order the bike for me. I think either way the bikes seem well specd and I´m thrilled about the idea of getting myself a Haro.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
FANATIK-J said:
Thank you for that kindly offer, DHJ! Okay, so I am operating on the assumption that the Thread 1.1 is the lightest Haro DJ bike. If this is true then I could roughly extrapolate the approx. weights of the other Threads. Plus, I think I want the rigid Thread, anyway. I was also wondering if the front hub on the 1.1 will except a disc rotor. I was also wondering if the adjustable drop-outs have been improved; it seems like a couple of years ago there were some problems with those. Please correct me if I am mistaken on that point.

Thanks again!
I'll have to go downstairs and see if we still have both Thread samples here to weigh. I think we still have the 1.1, but I'm not sure about the 1.2.

Yes, the front hub on the 1.1 is disc brake compatible.

The problems we had with drop outs was about 3 or 4 years ago on the very first production run of the old Zero bikes (which were later named Thread). Since then, we have switched to a drop out system designed by eThirteen and have had no issues at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.