Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Yay! Bikes !
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left: old, '06 66RC2X . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Right: new, '09 36 TALAS

As I installed the fork it poured rain outside, so a proper setup ride is a couple days off.
I haven't used an air fork in like 7 years, and the 66 is my favorite fork ever so it isn't being sold until I'm sure about the Fox. But, it is much lighter and I haven't heard a negative review yet ... so I'll wait and see.

·
Yay! Bikes !
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I'll find out. I think it'll be ok.
I have the common (B?) rockers for the '02 RFX and the HA was mostly fine with the 66. The only time it felt sluggish was riding logs/skinnys, and climbing steeper sections, basically anytime I was going slow.

·
Yay! Bikes !
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice. Maybe some 2.1's and carbon bars too.

No, not at all, just experimenting. I wanted to lighten up my front end, I won't run any smaller tire or light duty rim, and with a near 7lb fork it seemed worth trying. Who knows, maybe this combined with the steep rockers and STILL ridiculous bb height will suck balls and the weight saved won't matter.

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
airwreck said:
you going all xc on us now?
time for some 5.5 rockers and a RP3...
oh yea, don't forget the egg-beater pedals too. :rolleyes: :D
My recommendation would be to hold onto your 66. Great fork, If you can deal with the weight, you can allways make it shorter by buying a 150mm x-cartridge. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.