Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

just built up my new enduro and was really hoping it would of come in lighter than my previous coil sprung bike, but it did not.

what i'm interested in is figuring where i can most eff drop the weight.

2010 enduro sl exp frame, xl
gravity dropper turbo
wtb devo slt
elixir cr's 203/160
sunline v-1 28 inch
50mm thompson
odi lock ons
x9 shifter/med cage der
gamut p30- 36t ring
hope pro2's/dt 5.1's
lyrik solo air-1 1/8
maxxis single ply high rollers set up getto tubeless

pretty sure ive included everything. at this point, shes 32.7 and im looking to go lighter.

ideally i would like to keep the gravity dropper, and i know the wheels have the biggest potential, but to replace them with what?

any insight/pointers would be swell.

thx

jc

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't know anything about all the specs that you posted - its all greek to me cause I'm a bit of a newbie to the upgrade processes people go through haha. I do however notice when I mountain bike I usually only stay in 1st or 2nd gear on the front casette, and never really shift out of it... I've seen people modify their bikes so that they remove the extra 1st and 3rd, or 2nd and 3rd gears, and the shifter, front derailer, and cables, and extra chain links all-together for a pretty significant weight savings all in one process. I rarely shift to those extra gears when riding strictly on a trail. If your style of riding is the same way perhaps you could consider ditching those "extra" parts?

When saving weight "less" is more - u can buy all the fancy lightweight replacement parts but to really save big weight you must remove parts!

·
Fat Skis/Fat Tires
1,959 Posts
Does it feel heavy? My Build came in a quite a bit heavier than I anticipated (now 31lbs.), but I wouldn't dream of swapping out any of the burly parts with a weaker component just to save a few OZ's. Your build looks bomber (love the wheel choice) so just focus on it's capability and forget about its portliness. It's still pretty light for what it is, after all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts