Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everyone again, I'm on the verge of buying the trek slash. The idea is to install a xt crank, cassette and chain for weight saving and performance to compensate for the extra weight of the rochshox dropper post the I'm going to add also. Now, my initial thought is that the slash 7, stock weighs around 30lbs. For me that's 13.6 kg. There s a video on you tube, from Italy where the fellow poster states for that particular slash 7, with stock everything plus dropper post and chain guide, weighs around 14.5kg, that's shy of 32 pounds, for a size 17.5 medium. So for the money question, What is the actual weight of the slash 7 stock?? All you slash 7 owners come forward please. If the Italian guy is right, 14 kg is my threshold, to not buy. I'll go to the remedy instead. <br />
<br />
Enviado do meu Nexus 4 através de Tapatalk<br/>

Enviado do meu Nexus 4 através de Tapatalk

·
Registered
159 Posts
Demo both! I can't answer your specific question but I just demo'd an AL slash and a carbon remedy....the slash blew it away.....after riding it I did not understand the need for the remedy. The slash is that good IMO.

·
Registered
12 Posts
A few hundred grams isn't going to win or lose a race or get you to top of hill before mates. Hopped on bathroom scales with bikes, deducted my weight; my fuel ex-7 and Slash 8 650B both came back as 14.9kg, both have fat front tyres and dropper posts. A dropped post is only 250gm max heavier than an alloy post anyway.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All you guys that state 30lbs, do you still confirm? 30 lbs is around 13.6kg. Now I'm totally lost.
Slashnz, thanks for the input. Your fuel weighs the same as the slash.??!! What size is the slash?

Enviado do meu Nexus 4 através de Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts