Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Kenda website says 888g for this tire, which seems way too heavy for this X country tire. Does anyone have first hand experience with its actual weight? (Note: Nevegal specs for the UST version are posted on the Kenda website at 769g)

Also, I plan to run tubeless with this tire on a mavic Crossmax UST wheelset. Could anyone tell me if I need to fill with Stan's solution, or does the Small Block 8 work fine without the solution.

Many Thanks!

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
thedog said:
The Kenda website says 888g for this tire, which seems way too heavy for this X country tire. Does anyone have first hand experience with its actual weight? (Note: Nevegal specs for the UST version are posted on the Kenda website at 769g)

Also, I plan to run tubeless with this tire on a mavic Crossmax UST wheelset. Could anyone tell me if I need to fill with Stan's solution, or does the Small Block 8 work fine without the solution.

Many Thanks!
Mine weighed 760-790g.

No sealant needed.

·
Hello
327 Posts

Many Thanks!
If you run sealant on a Kenda UST tire, it will void the warranty. I use sealant on my Kenda small block 8's and haven't flatted in nearly two years. UST tires normally run heavier than comparable non-ust tires. It's a good tire, side walls don't get easily sliced compared to a lower weight ust tires that come in pretty boxes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.