Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how the two 29er geared disc wheelsets would compare in terms of weight
1. I9 ultralight with Stans ztr 355
2. Chris King ISO, Stans ztr 355, Super Comp spokes, alloy nipples.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
The I9's are listed at 1600 grams. My King ISO/ZTR/CX-RAY w/ alloy nips came in at 1603; figure an additional ~40 grams for Super Comps.

Are you getting an RFX and a Sultan?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish

Weight seems pretty comparable if the I9 wheelset weight is as listed.

No, just the 07 RFX if it ever gets released:D
UPS will be dropping off my second Independent Fab Ti SS, this time in a 29er version tomorrow along with the I9 wheelset so I will have a good indication of the weight then.
Gonna keep my IF SS 26er and switch between the two.
Asking because I will be building a Ventana El Rey for my brother (his first 29er) and he is debating between the two wheelsets. Not sure if he wants to wait 2-3months for the I9 (whereas he could get the Kings built in a little over 2 weeks). My I9 SS took exactly 3 months. Thought about the Turner Sultan but the top tube was a tad long for him.

·
Registered
11,774 Posts
Imo..

I'd go with a bit burlier wheel set like the I9's or 240s's and some bonty OSBs. The elrey is so stiff and alows such a level of riding it really does warrent a sturdier wheelbuild IMO. saying that im runing a bonty OSB, 240s wheelset and it compliments the frame..,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.