Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So during an online chat session, Intense wasn't able to tell me specifically the weight difference between the Carbine SL and NM frames. They did point out the Tracer SL vs NM had a difference of almost 1lb. I downloaded the Carbine manual and it mentions the SL and "ST" carbon frames only being 0.06lbs difference.

I know the SL has a carbon upper link, Ti bolts and other little differences, but how much weight are we saving here?

·
Registered
690 Posts
It's going to vary depending on which color your choose as well. The Red/Blue is going to weigh more than the grey/black as it has more layers of paint. The NM frames only have 1 base color and decals.

You will notice that on the 2019 models for both Carbine and Tracer we've gone with a standard frame for all builds and there is no longer an SL & NM option.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Weight with seat clamp and rear axle on my 2018 red SL Tracer is 3615 and my 2018 green Tracer is 3775. The only ti bolts on the SL are seat clamp bolt and the front shock mount bolt and saves 8 grams total for both. The large rear shock mounting bolt on both frames is steel and weighs 75 grams. So the SL has a two ti bolt kit and not all three.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.